2004 British Championship Riders List

boydw

The problem is that there are so many riders at a very similar ability in the expert class, bar Jimbo, ben hemmo and bricey there are probably 7 or 8 riders that can take 4th place spot. Its got to be hard to decide who rides and who doesn't, Maria is our top lady, a long way ahead of the others, it will do her good to ride with the lads, i have no complaints there. But there are perhaps some names on there who have just entered for the hell of it.

I had my doubts that i'd get in,only doing 1 round, scored well tho then was forced to take the rest of the year out due to injury, but a good way to decide who gets in would be to kick out the riders who have just done 1 or 2 rounds and give the places to people who will be commited to doing all or the majority of the rounds, i for one will be mounting an assauult for some of the top places, that will mean doing all the rounds. timpers must be gutted not to get in, as is roger williams. But the line has to be drawn somewhwere.

If i wasn't accepted in the experts i would have called the acu and tried to get in the masters, (they need some more riders) but it wouldn't have been as enjoyable to ride. what the acu need to do is to kick out any 1 hit wonders that have only done their local round and give the rides to people like Richard suffell, who may not have scored points, but he is willing to support the whole series.

Or they could just let everyone ride, where's the problem in that, cant clubs deal with ore than 55 riders, or is it the acu that cant deal with it.

Just found out the reasons why Richard Timperley is not on the list. The criteria is on last years performance in the British championship or the Novogar championship.Unfortunately due to personal circumstances Richard did only a couple of rounds of the Novogar and some other nationals he is not considered to be eligible for a guaranteed entry for the expert class. It is not down to lack of ability etc. It does seem wrong that other factors are not taken into consideration.

mark t

They didn't give that info. Probably a sliding scale, the less you did, the lower down the list you are. Seems a bit unfair to base it on last year only rather than a look at the total history. If it was just on last year then Doug Lampkin wouldn't be on the list.

mark t

I am sure my two bobs worth isn't worth the paper it isn't written on but.

If the riders when nominating for the series had to pay up front for entry fees for all events they wanted to ride then the ACU could allocate places according to riders who would be supporting the series the most. Riders who have supported the series in the previous year(s) should be given a priority but you must make places available for up and coming riders to ensure the long term viability of the series. If it was expected that riders would nominate for the whole series even though they only intended to ride a few selected events then make the riders pay a deposit which is refunded based on the actual number of times they rode, miss 2 and forfit 20% of the payment.

Oh, one final comment on the British Championships.

GO ADRIAN!

Aussie, Aussie, Aussie

Oui, Oui, Oui

Peter

It was stated (Acu PR I think!) that the top 10 in experts were guarenteed a ride in Brit Experts, top 5 of Novogar and anyone who wanted to drop down from Masters. After that it looks like it was made up from other points scorers in Experts. Either way some people are going to be unhappy, but looking through the top 55 straight away you can see many who probably wont be riding every round, DL,GJ,RMount etc. There are also some noticable names missing altogether..Sagar?

There are also some noticable names missing altogether..Sagar?

It would seem he hasn't entered to get his name on the list & must be going for the Novagar series looking at his results to date.

GO ADRIAN!

Aussie, Aussie, Aussie

Oui, Oui, Oui

Peter

Good job we are more accommodatating to you Colonial types than the Spaniards are to Johny foreigners.

I am sure my two bobs worth isn't worth the paper it isn't written on but.

If the riders when nominating for the series had to pay up front for entry fees for all events they wanted to ride then the ACU could allocate places according to riders who would be supporting the series the most. Riders who have supported the series in the previous year(s) should be given a priority but you must make places available for up and coming riders to ensure the long term viability of the series. If it was expected that riders would nominate for the whole series even though they only intended to ride a few selected events then make the riders pay a deposit which is refunded based on the actual number of times they rode, miss 2 and forfit 20% of the payment.

GO ADRIAN!

Aussie, Aussie, Aussie

Oui, Oui, Oui

Peter

Yes of course a great idea, the ACU have got lots of office staff just sitting around doing nothing very much and administering 20% of this and 33% of that, get real!

I think you are missing Boyd's original point.