Nationals? Missing The Mark?

sting32

From what I understand the last two round's were hard due to very slippery conditions and the sections were not dangerous but very technical, is a safe high scoring event a bad thing ? an high scoring event gives a rider more chance to recover points than event won on clean.

From your post I understand that it is the easiest line at the nationals that you think is too hard, top line of the entry form states a rider need's to be of Advance to expert caliber to ride the sections, event's I have ridden and seen, the base section is below this level.

This is a national championship, for all the classes, should riders be challenged, or do you think the support class should accommodate novice.

Quite a few 65 and 70 year old riders get around without complaining it's too hard, club trials are for entry level riders, should nationals be easy enough to accommodate them.

Sting, I am not sure that I am not even more confused about what you are looking for now, so if I am way off base, my apologies.

Sounds to me now like you are looking for a survey and opinions of the difficulty of the events.

All participants were asked to fill it out and send it in.

Jim Watson is the one collecting the info, and I believe last years survey tallies are up on the NATC website ( www.natctrials.org I think it is )

That will give you an overall impression of the participants view's on the events, and it will be a much broader spectrum / base then what you see here.

Were you already aware of these survey's?

Sting, I am not sure that I am not even more confused about what you are looking for now, so if I am way off base, my apologies.

HOw hard can it be to start a conversation with those who went to the nationals, who are NOT the top 30% of the riders in skills and ability, who attend the nationals? lastly who even have computers and read TC? aparently 5 of us.

Duh!

<quote> I know as we filled out the forms, ony cirticism would be is that it many loops and sections were way to hard IMHO for many, below pro/highest class below pro. FWIW, If we thougth it was just too hard for us, I would've kept my thoughts and opinions to myself you know... <endquote>

It is a dead horse, nobody else wants to dare say, MAYBE the nationals are over most rider's heads, that was my point.

HOw hard can it be to start a conversation with those who went to the nationals, who are NOT the top 30% of the riders in skills and ability, who attend the nationals? lastly who even have computers and read TC? aparently 5 of us.

Duh!

<quote> I know as we filled out the forms, ony cirticism would be is that it many loops and sections were way to hard IMHO for many, below pro/highest class below pro. FWIW, If we thougth it was just too hard for us, I would've kept my thoughts and opinions to myself you know... <endquote>

It is a dead horse, nobody else wants to dare say, MAYBE the nationals are over most rider's heads, that was my point.

nevermind

Edited by Alan Bechard

I think only 5 people can understand what you are trying to say, or maybe just 4. I still have no idea what this post is really about. I even tried to read this post when I was sober, no luck?

Im still lost on the IMHO and the FWIW.

So TTFN (Ta Ta For Now) Thats from Tigger. I have a 2 year old.

Edited by No Jive

I dont know what you guys thought of the nationals, I want some of you guy's that showed up, opinions.

But had I made it to the nationals, I doubt I would have called it that much fun? (sorry my dad and many buddies did, so Im going off his and others accounts of the trials).

I guess I am not smart enough to leave well enough alone, but this is clipped from your first post STING.

Somehow that gave me the impression, duh, that you did not compete, so how you filled out the rider questionaire when you did not compete just leaves me there going :D

Sorry I bothered to take the time to respond.

Hey Clive, nice quote. :D

Im still lost on the IMHO and the FWIW.

So TTFN (Ta Ta For Now) Thats from Tigger. I have a 2 year old.

I'm just as bad I still don't know about the IMHO and FWIW, but I knew right away what TTFN stood for. Is there a dictionary for computer talk?

As far as this topic goes, wasn't there another topic in here a few months ago that I think may have been started by Ishy that said somthing like the nationals may be too easy? If I knew how to look for it I would. To me if one group thinks they are too easy and another group too hard then they must be about right :D I don't think they should be too easy after all they are nationals :D

" point is how do we attract more people into the sport"

What sport has the entry level to the sport begin at national level?

I may also be missing the point here.

Sting!! am a correct in assuming that you think the support line at the US nationals is too hard, and would better serve trials if it was eased enough to allow novice/intermediate riders to compete.

If so lowering the standared will give a better looking succes rate on paper.

What a crock of ****!! I'm not competent enough to do something so why don't they lower the standard to the point I am, bit like the school grades, if they can't past the test, then the test is too hard.

" point is how do we attract more people into the sport"

What sport has the entry level to the sport begin at national level?

Here's the list of classes at the ATVA Nationals:

Pro & Pro Am (MUST BE 16 YEARS AND OLDER)

Class #1 - Pro (450cc max. 4-stroke Production ATV)

*Class #2 - Pro Am Production (450cc 4-stroke max. Production ATV) (both

motos on Saturday)

*Class #3 - Pro Am Unlimited (91cc-Open) (both motos on Sunday)

Amateur (MUST BE 16 YEARS AND OLDER)

Class #4

There you go, still doesn't mention novice but if you can't do it on two wheels four should keep the dab's down.

Didn't the make ATV's specifically for people who can't ride bike's but enjoy going to the hospital

There you go, still doesn't mention novice but if you can't do it on two wheels four should keep the dab's down.

Didn't the make ATV's specifically for people who can't ride bike's but enjoy going to the hospital

I listed both two-wheeled and four-wheeled National classes.

No, the lists don't mention Novice. But, we don't mention A, B or C. A class by any other name...

And if you think guys on four-wheelers can't ride motorcycles, I suggest you discuss the issue with Barry Hawk, who left GNCC ATV racing after several championships from '93 to '99. He switched to motorcycles, increasing his National Championship count in 2003. :D

Anyway, the point is this: The GNCC and MX series are both hugely popular, and they have plenty of classes, many of them for "C" riders. Is it right for trials, I don't know. But, I can say that it's a successful strategy.

I'm just as bad I still don't know about the IMHO and FWIW, but I knew right away what TTFN stood for. Is there a dictionary for computer talk?

http://www.loganact.com/tips/afaik.html

FWIW(for what it's worth)

IMHO(in my humble opinion)

You have to get off your ass and show up first!

Your dad did, what, sr70 class in the nationals and you did'nt ride at all?

The baseline for the Nationals is that you need to be a good and competant rider of at least intermediate levels in most club level events.

You can do that! You are a decent rider and there is probably nothing on the support line that will kill you, although you may kill yourself!

The regionals are there too! Which include all classes! You just gotta go ride!

Those who want to go, will go, and the others will stick with their local events and clubs. Simple as that!

Consistancy in classes and difficulty levels on a national basis it the current goal! Which is another topic!

:D

• 2 weeks later...
FWIW(for what it's worth)

IMHO(in my humble opinion)

You have to get off your ass and show up first!

Your dad did, what, sr70 class in the nationals and you did'nt ride at all?

Ya'll lambasted me good on this one :thumbup:

fair enough with my windy posts. :lol:

Yes, I did NOT go. I wanted to go, worse than I had ever wanted to go in my life so far... But I had graduation and wedding for the daughter, for the 1st 2 weekends of rounds (4 events). Yes, my dad was 70 class. I no longer feel the desire to go as strongly. wondered who else thought the same?

Quote from RTCLICK---->, Sting!! am a correct in assuming that you think the support line at the US nationals is too hard, and would better serve trials if it was eased enough to allow novice/intermediate riders to compete.

Well, My riding must suck worse than I ever imagined, since there is no way in hell I would say that the sections and the loop at the "nationals" were anything but EXPERT and up, from all reports (look at the scores). My dad and I have been in and around trials since 71, we are dam near same skill level, especially since he is in better shape than I am. For all of you who know GW, for my 1st 18 years of my life, dad would tell me... "Mitchy, they will wheel me, out to my Bultaco, in my wheelchair, and I will still beat your ass!" That was my motivation, and I love the hell out of him always have.

RTclick, I know you joined the conversation late, I did suggest that "what if" & the meet might be better, success if we invited EVERYONE to come compete, made it a tad less difficult, instead of the top 10% of the riders?

My answer to my own question still is: hell if I know. I figured the success of each "round" as far as club, or in Browns case, the "Gate" as it were, is what makes events a success or not? or is that just stoopid of me to think, with 500 riders means more "gate"? Ground is drying up, and maybe something to consider, how to keep some? or to get more? if profits can be seen to at least help with Insurance payments? I dunno.

FWIW... I have come to the conclusion, that this stuff is too involved to talk about in posts because only one of you can or have seen where I am going with anything, I type. others just assume I am just bitchin to bitch. I was going to say a lot more details that I feel back up my points, yet feel too many of you get lost in the forest of what I say. if we were sitting around a campfire, maybe this conversation would evolve into the discussion I had hoped. instead it seems to be nothing but "pot shots" at off the topic stuff.

Edited by Sting32