British Championship 2007

as iow

I notice that some of the Spainish trial championship rounds have youth and Adults on the same weekend, so why can't we do that in this country?

Some of the top youth riders ride in the Expert class anyway so nothing would be any different.

You could also put some of the C/D and ladies rounds together on the same weekends.

The whole British championship weekends would be much bigger events with say the B class lads riding on the Saturday, and then the A class doing the same sections as the Experts on the sunday, i know you could'nt do it at every round but i'm sure it would work at some.

After all the Spainish do it that way and it has'nt done thier riders any harm. :P

Your thoughts. :hl:

The idea of putting the Ladies Championship along side the C & D is an excellent idea

Surry did it this year and it worked very well. it may encourage more club’s to put on a

Ladies round as not to many clubs can be bothered to put on a National trial for about 20 entries.

The average entry for a C & D this year is between 40 and 50 riders. Which makes the weekend

of Ladies on the Saturday and C & D on the Sunday a lot more viable solution.

I know you wouldn’t be able to do it at every C & D Round but there only six Rounds in the ladies Championship

and 8 Rounds in the C & D Championship.

This might be a way forward to save the Ladies Championship from possibly extinction due to the lack of

clubs willing to put on a National Ladies Championship Trial.

Surely the problem is lack of intrest and or actual numbers of lady riders.

Yes the a class with the british champs would be a good idea, but remember there are alot of also rans who would struggle on the expert class route. Then there is the thorny subject of minders.

Tricky

We don't want to loose our ladies championship because we have some of the best female riders in the world in this country, in fact Becky Cook is ranked higher than D lampkin in this years world championships.

We need to look after our ladies like they were our sisters doing well, and we should give them more respect for what they do.

:P

Surely the problem is lack of intrest and or actual numbers of lady riders.

Yes the a class with the british champs would be a good idea, but remember there are alot of also rans who would struggle on the expert class route. Then there is the thorny subject of minders.

Tricky

We don't want to loose our ladies championship because we have some of the best female riders in the world in this country, in fact Becky Cook is ranked higher than D lampkin in this years world championships.

We need to look after our ladies like they were our sisters doing well, and we should give them more respect for what they do.

:P

Why?

RE Dabster WHY!

If say you worked for the ACU, and you were trying to sell the sport of motorcycle trials to a TV company, or promoting the sport at a county show etc.

Would it go down well if you said, ( O no we don't cater for Ladies, they only do that abroad )

Why do Honda bother with Lia Sanz ?

Any way, lets not get away from the subjet, IE Youth & Adult British championships on same weekend.

Edited by AS iow

I have already mentioned this elsewhere - and I think the whole topic of combining A & B Youth Champ with Brit Solo Champ may well be a good idea and is certainly worthy of debate.

I also mentioned in another post that one potential organiser has already requested we look at it - and we will.

Not as simple as it sounds of course - and may be too problamatic - but we will look at it.

The Solo Brit Champ is a sort of uniqure event ( not everyones cup of tea I know) - but this is what we have.

Many of the clubs who run Adult Brit Champ - including my own for example have been doing so for many a year and are now ( I like to think) quite good and experienced at running under this format. This does not mean that they would necessarily be so good at providing a good/suitable Youth Champ - perhaps they would/could - but often they would have no track record in such matters - while many of our current Youth organisers know the score and know what is needed. Some Clubs of course do both already - so it would be no problem. Some Solo Brit Cham Org use the Sat for the practice session etc and so would not be able to run a Youth event on that day - others could.

Also I think we would be very reluctant to take rounds of organisers who have supported the Youth scene and run good events - just so we could combine theYouth with some adult rounds - so any combined ones would probably have to be additional events - making a far bigger calendar.

These are just a few quick thoughts . It will be discussed . It does have merit - like all things I am sure there wil be pro's and con's

Adding more dates to an already over crowded callandar isn't on.

Why can't the system be completely revamped?

6, 8 or 10 weekend events in the year.

All kids classes, Ladies & Adults all at one event.

Showcase events which can be used to promoted Trials to a wider audience & possibly outside sponsors.

Events can be run by individual Clubs or Centres to pool resources.

Have to agree with Perce.

Showcasing the best we have at every level on single weekends would probably do the sport more good than any other suggestion heard recently. Highlighting championship weekends across the breadth of the sport D class kiddiwinkies, the Ladies right up to the big boys might gain us the Holy Grail, TV Coverage.

Though this might be better served on the new ACU forum, I would strongly suggest it worth persuing

Adding more dates to an already over crowded callandar isn't on.

Why can't the system be completely revamped?

6, 8 or 10 weekend events in the year.

All kids classes, Ladies & Adults all at one event.

Showcase events which can be used to promoted Trials to a wider audience & possibly outside sponsors.

Events can be run by individual Clubs or Centres to pool resources.

The trouble with going this far is that the main class would attract all the attention, and all the others would be pushed to the side, it would also be a nightmare for a clerk of course to orgainise all the different routes.

The three class and three course system works well at the world championships so that is the sort of event we should be aimimg for. The only problem is the high number of B class youth riders, and that is why they would have to ride on the Saturday. Another idea would be to have a one lap qualifiying round the day before and then the top twenty youth riders from each class would get a ride in the main championship the following day. Another advantage of having say 6 major trials like this is that the organisers may find it eaiser to get thier events sponsorship. :D

Edited by AS iow

• 2 weeks later...
If say you worked for the ACU, and you were trying to sell the sport of motorcycle trials to a TV company, or promoting the sport at a county show etc.

what people work for the ACU ??? The two secretaries ???