06 Beta

07betarev3

hi all just got a 06 270 beta what a bike i had a 05 270 and the power diffrence is great i llove the bike,what check should i do after every ride,i clean and oil air filter,check all bolts are tite,check the chain is there any thing else i should do any help would be great thanks:D

Nice one mate, keep a good eye on the disc bolts, have a habit of coming loose as well as the rear bash plates ones and exhaust bracket. Keep the carby nice and clean and may be worth changing the stock kill switch for an after market one, I was warned about it and its worked good for the past six months but let me down twice on the weekend so swapping it tonight.

If you can save some notes get some Raptor pegs they make a big difference to the riding and plug up the hole in the rear mudguard where the loom used to go through for the lights.

If its p***ing out petrol get BVM or Lampkins to do the carb mod, well worth it along with the float extension bowl.

Well worth getting the carb mod done mate, saves knocking the tap off and on everytime you stop.

Eddy, have you ever tried the Raptor pegs? just about indestructable, dont fill with mud like the standard ones and seem to provide better stance and balance on the bike. Expensive but worth the money I recon

ANY pegs are better than those squishy bits of old bean tin that rust at the first sign of moisture that Beta put on there at the factory. As rev3 says, the standard switchgear sucks too. The kill button on my 06 worked ONCE from new (no joke). Bin it and stick a 2-wire YZ-type one on there.

I clean the airfilter and carb after every ride as well as removing the flywheel cover and mopping out any moisture. Probably unnecessary but it makes me feel better (and the pilot jet seems to clog much quicker on this bike than any other Beta I've owned - no idea why).

Good points Neon, most of us clean the carb every ride, do notice them not quite running as they should if they arnt. Flywheel cover a must, usually loads of water or moisture in there. Eddy, why dont you recommend cleaning the filter regualry? if its dirty it needs cleaning, effects the fuel air mix quite abit if its full of *****

Very important to check when riding that both wheels have been off the ground at lest 3 times. If not very important you find a nice kick or hop some where. Nice.

I do very much of the above posts but i know this is way over the top but i have to take off the throttle clean it, re-oil it and stick it back on after every ride. It is all most an addiction.

Enjoy.

Ralph, Cant beleive I missed the most important thing with the Rev3, 3-20 hops on the back wheel and lots of nice flicks and kicks, bloody thing will fall apart tomorrow. Throttle! yer every ride give it a clean, makes a hell of a difference, few drops of oil down the cable as well. Sad day tomorrow, only me and Dad out, may not play at Ralphs corner out of respect

Edited by Betarev3

why is it important that i lift there wheels?

Sorry 07Betarev3 It is just me.I have just got to grips with Flick turns and Hoping on the back wheel so i can not go 10 yards without doing one or the other. It is why i go out at the moment not to clean a section but to do a flick or a hop.

Edited by Ralph