Scorpa 125f

andyrothers

taken the plunge and invested in a 125f for fish (the boy).

Received me jets from birks and intend on breaking open the tail pipe and liberating the 2 baffles......

Anybody got any other good set up tips other than the carb and exhaust? what gearing?

Will post pics when its all sparkly and tidied up.......

Andy

Which one have you bought SY or TYS. I have a TYS and gone down 1 tooth on the f sprocket, its a cracking bike. There is a clutch mod or kit available from the states. When you are doing the jets take a look at the choke, unscrew it clean it as they have a habit of sticking, spray it with WD40 that cured mine. The bore kit is expensive for an extra 18cc. There is a flywheel lightening mod also, not had mine done, details on Birketts site. Are you able to run it with the aircooled monos as some areas are having a cut off date for a/c monos. (petty) :P Good luck with it. :thumbup:

Had one of the first TYS125F's in the country (Oct 03) and kept it for over 2 years - great bike !!

Mods I did:-

Exhaust Baffles

Welded on extensions on the bashplate (invaluable!)

Hebo Footpegs

Clutch lever from the States - this has 3 positions for the cable, and really really lightens the clutch. I got the info from Brian R on Trials Central - Was really cheap as well - I think about

Thanks all, mines a TY.

May check out the clutch mod at a later date. Have just got a smaller sprocket for the front so next weekend, out with the spanners!!!

So... mods we're going to do will be the new smaller sprocket, change the jets, liberate the exhaust baffles, set of trialcast footrests, mudflap over the shock, graffics front board, dump the lights.... anybody have a wiring diagram to get rid of the loom??.. oh and of course an oil change. Am assuming the drain plug is the hex bolt on the lower left hand side of the sump??

Have downloaded the owners manual.... anybody have a service book etc they can send me??

Andy

bo drinker

this is the original info I got from Brian R at the time

If the clutch is a little heavy and quick to engage, try the MSR Raptor clutch lever and perch. Chaparral has them at a really good price but I can't seem to get there website to work. I have one on my TL and one on my son's Amigo. They have a choice of hard pull (quick engagment) , standard pull and easy pull (300%) easier. I think they work great, you don't have to modify the clutch arm and is simple to reverse.

http://www.powersportsnetwork.com/accessor...sories65449.htm

I bought one - best investment I made - really well made, and made such a difference!

cheers

John

Slow action throttle (black one) helps smooth out on those tight corners, and helps with grip....

Selastic the flat area prior to the airinlet in a (sargents stripe patten>>>) this helps drain any water away from the inlet.....

If you have the KTM type clutch master cylinder check out the after market prices for the levers. ($A13 Vs $A70 in australia)