Gov 132 Is Lost.

charlie prescott

Hi Guys.

Hi Big "J".

I have a feeling that the well known person could have been a previous rider of said bike, perhaps the first.

For I know that he has a fair few Moth's in his walet.

Regards Charlie.

Could be.....could also have been a Mrs Big John that said NO.... :lol:

Hi Guys.

Hi Big "J".

Have just been looking at the picture today in your book.(Scotland's Rich Mixture).

Was saying to my son, a copy of this book would make someone happy this Christmas. and the Mag Man is still advertising them.

Have more relevant Ariel, picture's to post as soon as I have scanned them from the photo's.etc.

Regards Charlie.

Hi Guys

Here are the relevant photos as promised.

(courtesy of ORR)

post-2608-1165331913.jpg

Mick Clarke

I think this is the closest match to GOV132 by Joel Correy, what do you think?

post-2608-1165331996.jpg

This ones pretty close though by Frenchman Phillippe Gosperin

post-2608-1165332149.jpg

Is this GOV??????

post-2608-1165332607.jpg

Regards Charlie

Edited by charlie prescott

Hi Guys.

I feel what we have found with this topic is,that 786 GON has had a much more intresting past than it's sister GOV.

The past of Sam's number one bike seems to be shrouded in a lot more mystery than the colourful past of GON.

We still do not know who exactly owns GOV and where it's permaent home address is.

Or where the back and front hubs she is wearing came from, if GON has the originals.

PS> I have just found out today that Deryk Wilde overhauled GOV in about 1975. so he could have fitted replacment hubs then.

So yes GOV 132 is still lost, or there seems to be facets of her past that still need explanation.

I have maneged to get a copy of "The Classic Motorcycle" June 1988, NEW direct from the publishers. In fact all copies of this Magazine are available bar two.

Anyone intrested type in www.classicmotorcycle.co.uk. look for back issues.

Regards Charlie.

Edited by charlie prescott

It was very sad to see such wonderful pieces of machinery destroyed by a careless disposal of a cigarette. However, I believe quite a few of the bikes have been rebuilt such as the Triumph Trident, "Slippery Sam", a credit to the skill of the restorers out there.

Many of the bikes in the National Motprcycle Museaum which have been 'restored' after the fire are like Robert the Bruces axe - 5 new shafts and 3 new heads yet still are 'original' bikes????

15 years ago the museum was well worth a visit, many historic competition bikes and road bikes which had been leant by unsuspecting owners.

After the fire many of these bikes, someones pride and joy were destroyed by penny pinching on a fire protection system. I vaguely remember they turned out to be uninsured by the museum.

I prefer seeing veteran, vinatge and exotic classic bikes in good semi-original condition rather than a bike which has been rebuilt to better than new and will never be ran!