Anyone Switch From Gas Gas To Montesa?

sir dabs alot

Montesa built quality, even an idiot like me can tell the difference. I find it easier to ride, about twenty points in the last trial, but that's probably just a mental thing because I wanted another montesa but could only afford the gas gas in the interim. Not having to mix up two stroke fuel. Fantastic grip.

Don't like.........................?

I went from raga 300 to 4rt and haven't looked back. I loved the gasser but wanted to try something different.

Gasser felt very light, snappy and nimble but wanted to pull your arm out of the sockets when you got it wrong or you got tired, the servicing was a chore and took a lot more work to keep on top of in general. The rear mudguard is a tw$t of a design that snaps to s@*t even if you look at it the wrong way.

The 4rt feels slightly bulkier and very slightly heavier but this is far outweighed by the smoothness of the engine power, plushness of the suspension, the grip and the very planted and stable feel you get when riding it. Servicing the bike is a joy to do and everything comes apart like a well oiled jigsaw, although the consumables like filters and oil are more expensive.

Its great not to have to fart about with the carb all the time and mixing fuel (did I mix it...did I not...oh B*****ks, start again!)

The 4rt does not have the instant power of the 2t but most of us dont need it anyway!! or so i've been told...

The only thing that does get on my ti*s is people saying things like 'ah here comes another one of those blokes that likes the sound of his own engine'.........and before you ask I do have the restrictors in, but I think that is part of the appeal of the 4t bikes...They all sound awesome.

Gasser felt very light, snappy and nimble but wanted to pull your arm out of the sockets when you got it wrong or you got tired,

The 4rt feels slightly bulkier and very slightly heavier but this is far outweighed by the smoothness of the engine power, plushness of the suspension, the grip and the very planted and stable feel you get when riding it.

This sure sums up what I felt after spending some time on a 4 RT.

The power delivery is so predictable and this gives you ever so much time to plan react to the next obstacle.

• 2 weeks later...