Stupid!

the addict

Just spent an hour or so prepping the bike for tomorrow, one of the jobs was to swap the wheels over from the weekend, did that, carb, throttle etc and just about to shut the door whilst admiring how good the old tyre looked and realising I had put it straight back on again :blink:

Reminded me of going to a trackday 3 years ago at Mallory Park and forgetting to the put the bike in the van!!!!! Changed the usual routine of loading the night before so just drove off in the morning with no bike :ph34r:

Also remember a few weeks ago doing the Hipwell trial with Ralph and waiting for it to start, I had never been up there before and Ralph kept trying to out psyche me by saying I should have turned my tyre as the streams would be really slippy. Kept on how he had done his the night before and it could cost me marks and grip during the day. He went to do the tyre pressures and realised he had actually taken the tyre off and then put it back the same way :chairfall:

Anyone got any stupid bike moments to share with us ???? I

This could go on for weeks

As if the scott trial wasnt hard enough on my bike I realised between the 3rd and 4th check that I hadnt put any two stroke in the petrol, no wonder it was pinking...........

At the ssdt back in the days of drum brakes I fitted a new back tyre but was running out of time. Quickly put the wheel in and went flying down the lane to the time control.... only i'd forgot to re connect the back brake and hit the caravan..

rode a trial at bootle before it was a national and managed to pass birks on the fells, first and last time. He was actually slowing down to avoid the bog I went cartwheeling into..

someone elses turn !! :chairfall:

Was changing the oil in my R6 and as it was draining heard the phone in the house went in to answer the phone came back out 10 mins later and decided to put the new oil in forgetting all about the sump plug to realise i am standing in a pool of oil Doh!!!

not mc, but oil related:

coworkers brother drained oil on their 150 hp john deer main farm tractor, replaced filter and drain plug. In for dinner, will finish up after that. you can see it coming.

his brother came out from dinner, started tractor and headed for town with loads of corn.

gee, it seems to be losing power.

thousands of $$$.

Trying to get a Honda C50 running that had not run for a while. No silencer on bike, put petrol in and fuel tap was leaking through being stood, bike fired after a few kicks, obviously with no silencer small flames popping out of exhaust port. Petrol is leaking down over engine, bike catches fire. I grab a coat to stop fire, no joy, remove coat it sets fire to a petrol can. I now have 3 fires, the bike, coat and petrol can. Put them all out eventually. Put more petrol in charred bike, enough to run it, guess what it started 2nd kick. This was back in the summer. :angry:

Another,

Used to have a RD 250 when I was 17, had a date with a landlords daughter on Friday night (Got to be the perfect girlfriend) got ready and went to fire the bike up. Bloody thing had a rear puncture and I was already running late and had no spare tubes. Found a bicycle tube repair kit and thought that would do the job ok, which it did for about 6 miles. Tube went bang at 85mph down a hill and threw the tyre off the rim immediately and I spent three days in hospital recovering from severe gravel rash! and concusion,

Edited by Betarev3

Heres another, I used to be a motorcycle mechanic. Around 80- 83 Bloke brings in a Kawasaki Z250 with misfire. I went through everything, taking it around the big block for roadtest as you only experienced it when out on road. I must of taken it out a dozen times. Anyway last time I took it out, brilliant its sorted, went really well, I am on way back to the workshop chuffed as I finally sorted it, bloke pulls out in a Austin 1100 BANG right in the side of him I went flying over the bars and landed right at the feet of a crowd outside a chippy. Limps back to work, owner asks if I fixed the misfire, I said yeah but I've wrote the bike off. DOH!!!

• 8 months later...