Fajardo - Beta?

trialsboy48

When we were at the scott we spoke to someone from gas gas who said that gas gas are struggling financially and that they want to get rid of the top riders who cost them so much money and use young spanish kids for the next few years, also raga was mentioned about going to beta and dabill been released when his contract was up.

Yeah dabill been released from ttt! like i say this is just what people (who should and would no) were saying theyve heard. If these people were just spectators then id agree with just another rumour! but they werent. A sponsored rider was in on the conversation at the time aswell. time will tell! personally cant see it happening james dabill is going to be a star in the future so why would beta let him go?

Fajardo, to date hasn't lived up to peoples expectations. Also suprisinlgy enough he is older than both Bou and Dabill.

I think recent seasons have been a bit unsettling for him, what with injury and losing one of his mentors at Gas Gas with Colomer shifting camps to Scorpa.

Having said that he is unquestionably talented and would be an asset to any team.

You also have to factor in the mighty Dollar/Euro/Pound whatever.

Every rider at the top end of the tree wants the big payday and at the minute I think only Montesa/Honda have that kind of scope and looking at who they have, it kind of says that.

Look back to what happened with Steve Saunders ... obviously my next statement may or may not be right however: Steve is #2 in the world on a rival marque, Fantic make him an offer that's extremely difficult to refuse he never hits the heights again. From an outsiders view, that was as simple as Fantic protecting Thierry Michaud but I could be wrong. Thousands of cynical trials fans may have similar views. Steve on the Honda was an amazing thing to watch, so is Bou on a Beta.... if you catch my drift.

Can Beta afford someone like Doug, Adam, Fuji or Toni, probably not. Outwith the top 5, privateer teams with works bikes are probably the only option for many, like TTT. Wh knows what will happen, however, I suspect that one or two of these companies need to snuggle up to one of the big few companies still out there soon ..... any clues anybody

You also have to factor in the mighty Dollar/Euro/Pound whatever.

Every rider at the top end of the tree wants the big payday and at the minute I think only Montesa/Honda have that kind of scope and looking at who they have, it kind of says that.

Look back to what happened with Steve Saunders ... obviously my next statement may or may not be right however: Steve is #2 in the world on a rival marque, Fantic make him an offer that's extremely difficult to refuse he never hits the heights again. From an outsiders view, that was as simple as Fantic protecting Thierry Michaud but I could be wrong. Thousands of cynical trials fans may have similar views. Steve on the Honda was an amazing thing to watch, so is Bou on a Beta.... if you catch my drift.

Can Beta afford someone like Doug, Adam, Fuji or Toni, probably not. Outwith the top 5, privateer teams with works bikes are probably the only option for many, like TTT. Wh knows what will happen, however, I suspect that one or two of these companies need to snuggle up to one of the big few companies still out there soon ..... any clues anybody

Was that the way it happened? Thought Steve was victim of Honda cutbacks? Fantic was the best of the rest?