French Trials In 2007

hrc1

Voici 4 dates de grandes classiques en France.

Le 08 Avril 2007 3 jours de L'Indre

Le 20 Mai 2007 4 jours de L'aveyron

Le 14 Juillet 2007 4 jours de La creuse

Le 26 Aout 2007 5 jours du Verdon

from the trialsmag web page

Was thinking today about French trialling as it looks like my parents are moving to France and would be a shame not to take the bike when i visit! Does anybody know if there are any restrictions on bike racks on ferrys or the Chunnel? What sort of extra security measures would i need to take if i took the overnight down to Le Havre? Any tips or hints gratefully received.

Roy.

Wiltshire boy,

I take mybike on a rack to france alot,normally through the tunnel but have taken the ferry a couple of times

On overnight ferry i just locked bike to rack. I got back to the car deck the next morning to check it was still there. If had gone it would be in somebodys van(no where else much to hide one on ferry)

HI

Apparently, I am led to believe that bike racks are not strickly legal in France and even Spain. Having said that I have only ever been stopped on the M 25 in Blighty. I have used mine quite a lot here and have never had more than a curious glance from the Gendarmarie....

The chances of being stopped in a vehicle with british plates is minimal although speed cameras are starting to catch on this side of the channel .... Youve been warned..........

The French 4 day caters for every class of rider from Experts which is probably Euro round standard down to beginner and everything in between.

It's all pretty relaxed with no time limit. It's usually one lap on Thursday then two laps thereafter or you can choose just to do one lap, they're quite long laps resulting in long days! :hl:

In summary it's a great event in the sun, with cheap beer/even cheaper wine and BBQ's all week! :D

Edited by Hughesy

• 4 weeks later...

Voici 4 dates de grandes classiques en France.

Le 08 Avril 2007 3 jours de L'Indre

Le 20 Mai 2007 4 jours de L'aveyron

Le 14 Juillet 2007 4 jours de La creuse

Le 26 Aout 2007 5 jours du Verdon

from the trialsmag web page

The 4 day of the creuse has now been confirmed as the 12th to the 15th of July! So start getting your hotels/gites etc sorted guys :D

Well, funnily enough, the house that me Mum and Dad are keen on is in Bourganeuf so might well see you soon BikerDude!

:D:D

Hah! Cool! How old are you?

Edited by bikerdude2006fr

Heard that to ride these trials you need lights fitted including stop light off the rear brake, anyone enlighten me? Also my lad is 17 and I'm trying to get him through his bike test asap with a view to us both riding one of the French events. Does anyone know what the legal requirements are for a 17yr old and if they are restricted to a certain capacity etc?

Ta Eiger

Heard that to ride these trials you need lights fitted including stop light off the rear brake, anyone enlighten me? Also my lad is 17 and I'm trying to get him through his bike test asap with a view to us both riding one of the French events. Does anyone know what the legal requirements are for a 17yr old and if they are restricted to a certain capacity etc?

Ta Eiger

Yep For the road trials your bike HAS to be fully road legal, lights, insured etc erm he can ride whatever he wants in the senior catergories i think :xmas:

Edited by bikerdude2006fr