Candy Woes

tordijarres

I've been trying in vain for several weeks now to get a response from Candy Wheels. They did once belatedly reply to my 1st email, but none of my multiple phone messages both on land and mobile line. I find that the land line answerphone is now full (not due to me as I only left 2 messages there!). I've not had any reply to my follow up email either. All I am asking is how do I arrange to place my order and get my wheels collected, or in other words, "I want to give you some money for a service you are offerring"- which should be music to any businessman's ears. Perhaps they have too much work on and can no longer keep up with demand?

Obviously this doesn't fill me with confidence; thoughts of my wheels going missing for months on end with no means of contact spring to mind.

Having searched the TC forums, I see there is also the "Trick Wheel Company" but they are "Dawn Sarf", and their recorded phone number does not accept in-coming calls!

Can anyone tell mne of a reputable service somewhere in Yorkshire/Midlands, who can strip and rebuld wheels peoperly and do a good job on the anodizing? Any advice appreciated.

Hi, Somebody posted on here that they have been waiting 5 wks for their wheels to come back,and have not been able to contact them, see if you can find the post and contact the poster and take it from there, he sure was,nt a happy bunny

Beat me to it,see previous post - 99techno

It might be woth trying Central Wheel components at Coleshill not far from the NEC, they offer a brilliant wheel building service.

I had my Gas Gas rims changed and fitted with stainless steel spokes a couple of years ago, they as they wern't very busy that day, they were done the following day! Around

Have you thought about getting each stage done separately.

Firstly take the wheel apart yourself.......simple

Then contact a local anodizer/powder coater etc

Then with the spokes that you took out measure them and order a set.

Then if you can lace the wheel up, if not get the local bike shop to build it and tension the spokes.

It can work out cheaply depending what the anodizing costs

the local bike shop should charge about