Changing Coolant

mil

Hi,

I have been reading in the forum about some problems associated with not changing coolant in Betas, so want to flush the system and fill with fresh as I don't know when it was last changed . I have not done this before and wonder if it will need 'bleeding' through the radiator, or is it just drain and refil to brim without the worry of air being trapped?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Mil

Edited by mil

A lot of people reccomend the premixed silkolene stuff but I use just a normal long life coolant with anti corosion properties mixed 50/50 with distilled water.

When i do mine i make sure I fully empty it out by tilting bike over etc. then once topped up i`ll break the seal a little too let some coolant through and hopefully any bubbles then top up run the bike and check levels again

Just done it on NYL's 125 Gas Gas. Empty out some coolant and use a Radiator Flush product. Run until the radiator fan turns then switch off and allow to cool for 5 mins. Empty and purge with fresh water. Then empty again and refill with the recommended mix of coolant and water,(usually 50/50 mix). Run with the radiator cap off until you don't have any air bubbling thru the system. Rev the engine and top up before replacing the cap.