Powerful 270 Beta 07

betabonkers

I had a go on the 07 beta's yesterday.

A little 125 and a shorter time on a 250.

I currently own a 06 - 270 beta.

Two things I noticed about the 07's.

1) It seems that the riding stance is bent over the bars a little more.

2) My wrist started to ache.

After a quick measurements, I could not see any differences that would explain the lower bar feel.

The wrist ached, I believe was due to the stiffer fat bar feel.

I remember the same feeling after changing to fat bars on a GG a couple years ago. Tend to feel everything through the bars a little more.

After a couple weeks I did not notice it anymore.

Perhaps the stiffer bars or bar bend are giving you the soreness. Can't imagine giving anymore power to the 270!

My conclusion: I really like the new look of the slim frame, like the familiar feel of a Beta. Now the only question if wait to ride the new Rev4. It will have to be pretty good to beat the rev3. No matter what bike I may get that black plastic of the Rev4 is going on it. It's hot.

Hi does anyone find the 07 beta 270 a lot more powerful than the 06,

I usually take the flywheel weight off but i dont think ill bother yet

as it is very sharp as it is, just wondering if anybody else finds it snappy.

i also had the flywheel weight off last year on my 270 not this year. this was the first year a quick action came as standard, i always fitted one previously, this year i have taken quick action off.

It's funny ya know I get this question all the time "How do I make my 270 have softer power and easier to ride" My Reply .. well Beta makes a fine 250 and a awsome 200 cc machine both have LESS power than a 270..

It's funny ya know I get this question all the time "How do I make my 270 have softer power and easier to ride" My Reply .. well Beta makes a fine 250 and a awsome 200 cc machine both have LESS power than a 270..

My thoughts exactley I went in pretty much blind and bought a 250 if I had known what I know now i`d of gone for a 200 I think well it`s certainley going too be highest on the list for my next bike (unless the rev 4 comes out well :lol: ) at the end of the day surely it`s much easier too tune up a bike than calm it down?