Where Can I Ride In Herts?

bingo

Does anyone know where i can just go and ride with other people in hertfordshire, a quarry or pit or something, i dont want to travel to competitions all over the place, i've had enough of sitting in traffic jams all weekend.

Sh%t, i would even buy some woodland if i could find some near to where i live.

Can anyone help or should i flog my monty and get myself a ktm for tearing up tarmac.

BINGO!

So that is a no then, do you have a problem with people who don't want to compete or are you on a commission from ktm????

No, he just likes taking the p***. :lol: Judging by your response you have been sitting in too many traffic jams, have you considered taking tranquil weekends at a health spar to release all that stress?

Edited by PERCE

I live near watford, herts - bucks boarder there are two clubs that i know of in my area, berkhamstead mcc at nash mills- apsley and hillingdon in denham, both very small.

I would rather be on my bike than stuck in traffic, woud'nt you???

Hux have practice at denham airfield and berko at nash mills, if that is too far from Watford then you must be wanting to ride in the rush hour.

Joking apart if you want to ride without traffic thn you had best move up north. Sorry if I don't sound sympathetic but I spent 6 hours on Sunday evening getting back from riding in Cumbria and that was hard work, so perhaps 7 miles and 12minutes from Watford to Nash Mills isn't so bad?

There are a few illegal places but its just not worth the hassle.

What is wrong with competitions anyway?

Well, there is nothing wrong with competitions, it's the travelling that gets to me, i don't mind driving to somewhere if it's a good place to ride and big enough to keep your interest for a day but i dont want sit in my car 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, hours to get to and from a comp when i've got better things to do.

Where is hook wood, is it legal or a club.

Is there any club listings anywhere???

Hook Wood is in Surrey. Owned by Sam Connor's Dad. Used to be available for practice, but I don't know if it still is. I know he shipped tons of stone in to create sections.

Come and join us down at Denham Airfield - Hillingdon and Uxbridge Club, practice every 2nd & 4th Sundays. The ground is pretty much the bottom of the runway, on Tilehouse Lane (Northmoor Hill Wood) . A few pounds to join the club then a few to ride, llegally and fully insured I must add.

As for being small, well its what you make of it. We can make sections to at least Centre standard, plenty of hill climbs, logs and roots. Wide range of abilities.

Or try Berko, they've just got some more imported bolders, more scope for tight technical sections.

Or join both clubs.

Both bits of ground have been used for Centre trials, unfortunately living where you do, that's the best you are going to get.

Well, there is nothing wrong with competitions, it's the travelling that gets to me, i don't mind driving to somewhere if it's a good place to ride and big enough to keep your interest for a day but i dont want sit in my car 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, hours to get to and from a comp when i've got better things to do.

Is there any club listings anywhere???

So, you've got no time to spare but want Swaledale near Chorleywood, sounds like an expensive task that.

Trials enjoyment is imho almost directly related to the effort you put in.

If you were prepared to help at our club trial in two weeks you could ride for 8 hours on 2 consecutive days over easter only an hours drive from your front door, but thats competitions. :lol:

Hook woods is off junction 10 on the M25.