Beta Rev 4t..wow!

ridgrunr

I sold my '99 GAS GAS 321 a couple of weeks ago. :D It gave me seven years of outstanding service. I bought the bike after watching Mark Manniko ride one at the Temecula National. I was in love :D...with the bike...you gutter heads! :D

Anyway it's been a long time since a bike has caught my attention like that 321. That's why I kept riding it for seven years, it's was a terrific bike. Then all the fuss started about the Sherco 320 and now the new Beta Rev 4T. I began wading through those 25+ pages about the Beta, then I saw the pics. Man, I'm lusting again. Don't know why, never really considered a thumper, but something about the way it looks just sitting there. Thing looks like it was poured rather than built, sort of like liquid mercury. I know EFI is all the rage, but if they can make that CV carb work...so that you can actually start and ride the thing...:D.

Funny, I never felt this way about the Mont 4RT. There are a few of them in the club and I've watched them work, but have been sort of...ho hum on them. It just didn't light my candle, but something about that Rev 4T. The only Beta I've ever owned was a '90 Zero. Very ahead of it's time. Ok bike. Hated trying to get to the carb, and that left hand kick which they fixed (IMHO) on the REV 4T .

Fortunately, due to a job change and a TDY move for a year, I won't be buying for awhile, but I'll be watching closely so I can see how this pans out, and who knows what the rumored 350 GAS GAS 4T might look like...that's an unknown. So keep the info coming, so I can figure out whether or not to get involved in another long term relationship again after I get the move situated. Thanks :D .

left hand kick which they fixed (IMHO) on the REV 4T

After riding a Beta for so many years, when I am not thinking I still reach down on the left for the kickstarter on my 4rt :D My daughter sitting next to me wanted to see the rendeer

Ridge, a bike with a top national rider on it cought your eye, then you bought one! I thought that you didn't care what the top guys rode? :D

Gotcha buddy!

Sorry Lane, I said MOST guys don't follow what the national or world guys are doing or care what they ride. I'm not most guys. But, I don't buy anything just because some top rider might ride one. They mostly follow the money. See I know Mark personally, have ridden with him, and have taken a trials school from him and Tommi Avahla, so I know what he can do. I watched Mark and that 321 work for two days and he prooved to me what it could do. If I remember right, Aaron was on a Techno. Mark on the 321. The 321 looked easier to ride, so I bought the 321 based on what I saw, not what I was told. I won't buy a Beta Rev 4T or anything else till I'm pretty sure of what it is either, but so far, I like what I see. Time and rersearch will tell.

Edited by Ridgrunr

www.r2wtrials.co.uk go on this site its a good one Steve Saunders tests the Beta rev-4t looks good!

Thanks for the link betarev-3125! :D I'd seen the clip of the 4RT and Saunders on the 4T in the section before, but not the clip of him playing on that bank. Love the sound of the Rev 4T! It sounds like the RPM's can drop down to almost nothing, then run right up again with no bog. That would be terrific if that's the case. Maybe they have that CV carb figured out and dialed in? It's not even very loud when he's getting hard on the throttle. I sure like how un-poppy it sounds. Thanks again. :D

• 2 weeks later...

These are the pics that have me drooling over the Rev 4T. I stumbled on them somewhere in the net, but forgot to bookmark the page and can't find it again. The originals are large, high resolution pics. Terrific detail. These are toned way down to post here. Anyone know where these came from so I can find it again? Thanks.

post-57-1167088749.jpg

post-57-1167088771.jpg

Edited by Ridgrunr