Beta Carb Overflow

ohno

O.K. I'll post this here how can I fix this Beta overflow problem is it a float adjustment? what is the procedure I've been a motorcycle mechanic for over 15 years I skould be able to handle this. does anyone have any specs etc. Point me in the right direction.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ohno,

Billy Traner carb set up has worked for me on three different rev 3 bikes. No over flow problem, unless of course if you tip over. See this link on r2w site.

http://www.r2wtrials.co.uk/html_files/betacarbsetup.html

Never had to do anymore than set the float level per Billy's spec. We have never messed with drilling mod.

Also a picture is attached that shows a heat sheild mod I do on the exhaust side to keep the tube from melting against the mid silencer.

1) Take a plier and gently bend the over flow tube down slightly.

2) Purchase some new tubing and a spring that will just fit over it.

3) Put the tube on and spring. Turn the spring backward and it will become larger dia. and slip over the tube port on the carb and will be firmly attached.

4) Route under carb and I connect the two tubes a run down to the back of the skid plate.

Edited by sideup

Although the tube bending trick and routing was copied from Bou's and Dabils bikes, I could care less where you run your tubes. The point was a suggestion to protect your tube from laying against the hot exhaust. I might try that t-trick. Cope let me tell you where you can run your tubes. :xmas:

Ohno: From everyone I have done the tangs are dead flat from the factory. I don't think they change anything come from the factory.

Hi Guy's

I am here if there is any questions on the carb or hose routing!

Cope I guess I will see you at the President trial at Muenster.

I have been in Texas for the last month. Working with Tom B on the Scorpa 4T.

Be good to see all again :xmas:

Cheers

Billy4ST

I have used the carb mods for the past 3 years and they have worked great.

Also have watched the factory machanics do the same mods so they must work.

Getting ready to do a set up dvd for Beta USA that will be given to all new Beta owners

that will include the carb mods on it.

So how is the Scorpa coming and what have you done so far Billy ?

Hey RLracer

I hope you are sending me the royalties from this DVD :)

Mmm isnt there some kind of permision or acknowldgement to the original author of these mods to the carb :xmas:

As for my Scorpa 4ST findings, tuning, etc not sure if that should be posted on the Scorpa site?

I am on my third Scorpa 4T in 4 mos.

What a bike, what an engine!

Cheers

BillyT

Gee, I just cannot wait to hear the shuffle of those little size 5 boots again in the sections! It is almost like Santa coming!

Next, I can already hear that the Scorpa works like a charm if you dump the Dellorto for a MIC!

Hmmmmmm! :xmas:

Sideup, no offense," Billy physics" does not always agree with Einstein! But it "usually" works!

Hey Cope or should I say Mr Hill (Hank). :D

It is not my physics but Scottish physics :)

No, no carb change yet, just lots of fine tuning of the carb, lots of detailed work on the inlet and out let.

Dumping the go cart fuel pump, etc etc. Ask Mark Hubbard he tried my bike in Austin Mmmmm

Still not perfect but a hell of a lot better :xmas:

Looking forward to seeing some old (realy old ) faces.

Come up and say hi :D

Cheers

BillyT

Edited by BillyT

Billy,

Perhaps you should get your facts right.

I made no reference of your tee tube up over the carb thingy you suggest.

Don't flatter yourself, Dabil and Bou were not routing the tube up and teeing them together as your mod suggests.

They routed the overflow tube as they come from factory, just slightly bend the brass tube down to miss the exhaust. That's all.

Aren't we touchy....... :xmas:

You can stick your tubes where ever you wish.

Jack

Edited by sideup