Beta Carb Overflow

ohno

Bloody Hell BillyT, that Scorpa must be giving you some stress. Reading Sideup's original post, the first part of his post was recommending to use your tips on the carb. The second part of his reply was recommending his own tip about coiling a spring around the pipe to protect it from the exhaust. I think he was just giving the guy some advice on Beta carbs not getting in to a war of words. :xmas:

Edited by John.B

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:agree:

Who gives a **** about who thought of it first? It works (mostly) and tips like this should be shared amongst fellow trials riders.

sideup said...

"Although the tube bending trick and routing was copied from Bou's and Dabils bikes"

BillyT said...

You need to get your facts straight before you make comments like that

So, you think he stole your idea without 'permission' or 'acknowledgement' and then made up a story about copying it from Bou's and Dabill's bikes?

:xmas:

Edited by Kinell

Hey RLracer

I hope you are sending me the royalties from this DVD :)

Mmm isnt there some kind of permision or acknowldgement to the original author of these mods to the carb :xmas:

As for my Scorpa 4ST findings, tuning, etc not sure if that should be posted on the Scorpa site?

I am on my third Scorpa 4T in 4 mos.

What a bike, what an engine!

Cheers

BillyT

Not to change the subject, but 3 bikes in 4 months? Maybe I'm missing something here. Are you implying that the bike is junk because you had to go through 3 of them in 4 months or that the bike is good because......? Not sure what you meant. If I went through 3 bikes that fast it wouldn't be for a good reason assuming I could even afford to do so.

Cave Drawing of Sideup inventing the wheel:

Dang I should have patented it.

Billy,

As far as my comment to cope.

He said you "need" to run the hoses up and tee them together.

I was just pointing out that the team riders bikes I looked at WTC in Tenn. had the brass tubes bend downward and that the tubes ran down underneath the carb. Conclusion: They must not "need" to run up and over the carb as they seem to be working just fine for them just as they have for me. A little sarcasmism, yes, but that's the norm on here.

Then I am accused of stealing someone else's idea........or not giving credit which I clearly did in the first post.

BTW, come to think of it the tab bending was relayed to me by the beta importer long before I read your article. I suppose he got it from you also. WHY DOES IT MATTER?

I am glad my, claim to fame and life does not evolve around a chunk of metal with gas flowing through it. My kids and grand kids are my claim to fame.

End of subject for me.

I learned a lesson, I'll stay out of the advice field.

Jack

Edited by sideup

Sideup.... Lets move on....

My apoligies if I upset anyone.

Rick1

First Scorpa 4T was a proto type, 2nd a real bike, made a lot of changes, aproach to sell it, I did. Third my bike, keeping it. Love it!

BillyT

Edited by BillyT

:blush: Billy - Are you are telling stories again? - I know where you got your Scorpa - in fact I think I might have had a ride on it before you did - In my opinion the carburation was way off and I didn't like the clutch on it.

Hopefully the FACTORY will get it sorted out. - I'm sure a Beta enthusiast like yourself will soon be on the the new Rev 4 - after all this seems to work fine according to all the posts from the UK AND it has a Mikuni.

Call 604 521-0860 to check it out!

Speak to the guy who bought it he will set you straight!

You can call 210 822 0285 this guy will set you straight on the first bike.

Care to see receipts of two of the bikes?

In Scotland "Aye"means yes, what are you pretending to be?

Outlaw DAVE....... More like an Inlaw DAVE with your scurrilis gossiping

You have been digging for years .... :(

AWE STICK YER HEID IN AN OVEN.....

Christ! What's happening on TC lately? Far too much **** stirring, back stabbing and general bitching going on. Can't we just get back to taking the pi$$ out of folk in jest? :blush:

:blush: Oh Billy !! You do get riled up - and of course tend to bad mouth folk - I don't really care if you've had ten Scorpa's - the one I rode was actually at Cascade. thanks to Don Doerksen - I merely thought that you of all people would be lined up to buy one of the new Beta 4T's ( Not from me because The Vancouver area is not my territory) - As somebody on an earlier post said - I thought this forum was all about riders helping riders - with some humour ( Note English spelling) - Sorry I ruffled your feathers " Laddie".