Dellorto Vhst Carb For Rev3

the addict

Hi Carl,

Thank you for your replys aswell any info is well appreciated, you saw Daves post and if mine lets me down like that it will be off the bike.

I broughty carb last week and it had been use 5 + times, not been cleaned and was running fine when he gave it to me ( he bought a 4RT ) But i did say to Betarev3 there must be a down side to this carb because not many poeple have raved about them and poeple would if there's ran aswell as mine?

Dave i am not a good tool man just a greese monkey but after being shown how to look after, greese and change oils i do them when ever they need it. I do enjoy the maintenance side of things and will do them relidgiously,I am just praying i have more luck than you had with yours.

Carl why have you used 3 VHST's?

Mine is a flat side one why don't the other makes use them.

Please reply even if it bad bacause it will all be taken as helpful and if it stops Betarev3 throwing his money away then thats fine.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheers for the good news.

Hope you get the mont up and running and thanks again for the bits i am well chuffed.

Off to US of A tonight so Betarev3 is trying to block it for me. He wonts one so just going through the pro's and con's.

Stuck the carb on last night..............................eventually...................................

... fired the bike up this afternoon and it instantly sounded better and much crisper. No time to give it a run today but will be out with dad for 6 hours tomorrow testing it.

I am not going to clean the jets/carb out at all unless it fails, due to some of the posts it can be prone to clogging idle jet/system, Ralph and myself need to know how much it will take before it clogs.

The easiest way I found to stick the carb onto the bike was to put the hose on the carb first whilst it was out, insert the carb into the reed block and then push the air box hose end onto the air box. This makes life alot easier but does require the header,mid box off to do so quickly.

I will look over xmas for a better fitting hose as I don

Ah! yer! mmmmmmmmm! not a good first outing for the dellorto for me, last Thursday ice on the ground and thick fog, not good carb weather. Bike started first kick, same as Mikuni but was very weak on pilot, brilliant on the main but needed adjusting to be ridable low down.

Now the thing took ages to put on so I did nt have the balls to whip it off and change the jet so stuck the Mikuni back on for the day. :beer:

Weather is still bad but will try it again if things pick up next weekend, ran really good day before around the garden but not Thursday. Too be fair though Dads bike (Mont) ran terrible as well and needed a jet change to get it going on pilot.

Must find a better hose, not sure I can go through taking the bugger off at the quarry and hoping to get it back on quickly though. :kerstsmiley:

The difference on main jet is incredible, just wished the pilot ran better, dont think it was **** in it as I cleaned everything the day before/filters/tubes/jets/air box etc etc

Will stick at it though, worth getting the set up right :thumbup:

Edited by Betarev3

We need to hear from anyone with good or bad experiances. Not just for me and Justin but everyone else who has sounded intrest in the Dellorto.

So far we have found out this..

1 When running it is on a diffrent planet all round.

2 A few has found it is trouble with blocking the pilot jet but yet not us.

3 Cold weather upsets the running on pilot (1 outing}

4 A pig to get on and off.

So not much yet realy for a selling point of view or a no not buying one. The rubber is a SH~T because it is too small.

The 125 has a Dellorto is the rubber the same??? or the carb smaller

Edited by Ralph

What I found out about cleaning the carb:

Every jet must be taken out and cleaned.

Every passage in the carb body must be cleaned.

The compressed air must be clean and well filtrated. There must be a filter unit on the pressure line otherwise more dust may be injected into the carb or jets.

Don