Dellorto Vhst Carb For Rev3

the addict

Ralph bought one of these carbs last week for a try, I very nearly bought one in the summer due to running problems but hesitated as I did'nt fancy weeks of setting it up.

Carb on the bike today and wished I had bought one ages ago, I had a feeling the bike would run slightly better but the difference is incredible, had a go on it and really did nt want to give it back.

The engine note has changed, the throttle is light, its picks up really easily and revs clean all the way through. The bottom end grunt has increased dramatically and I never noticed any pinking,fluffing or trail of petrol all day.

The bike was nt running to bad before but it has transformed into without doubt the nicest bike I have ever ridden and I ve rode a few. It seemed to be gripping much better as well and the pick up from nothing is instant and very clean, easiest bike to ride ever.

Definately going to be getting the Dellorto in the new year if funds allow, well worth the money we all thought . 110 main and 37 pilot which I think are supplied as standard and thats what Ralph had in today, couple of turns on the petrol screw got it running crisp and clean.

Fitting the carb to the original air box inlet is a little tight but hopefully a slightly larger one can be bought soon to make the refitting easier. No problem with the reed end fitting and the Beta throttle cable fits straight in.

Lampkins can supply the carbs from Italy if anyone wanted to try one for there rev3, you wont be dissapointed :blush:

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow! I have been looking at these cards for a while now but always thought they would be a night mare to set up and as mine is ok i though it wasnt worth the hassle that has just changed my mind. Was it really that easy to set up? have you noticed what the fuel consumption is like on them?

Went straight on mate, but was off a rev3 to start with. The jetsizes I stated are correct so use those first time. Fuel consumption should be better as it stays in the carb not spilling out the overflow. Started no problem from hot as well but took a few more kicks from cold, bigger choke jet should sort that though

:blush:

My old carb was alright but i had to do the mods and loop the over flow pipe up and over the idle screw so fuel wasn't pi#sing out every where.

Still had the 5 kicks to start it when slightly pointing down hill.

So have not had the problems like others but it just wasn't right but the Dellorto is is in a diffrent league and sounds lovely at low revs when making it grunt and some how more managable as you wind it on.

I still have the flywheel weight on after years of taking them off and not being able to keep up with the bike so this time left them on and riding better than ever but i think the Dillorto will help aswell.

This is written in laymans terms because i am not very technical (Yes Justin and not very bright)but after today if i was only borrowing the Dellorto to try it i would go and buy one tomorrow i am that happy with it.

Remember to keep the fuel clean as the carb is sensitive to dirt and dust. Use a clean and oiled air filter.

I found out that cold starting problem is an indication of dust in the carb and they need to be cleaned when new. Replacing the 60 choke jet with 80 is a good idea.

Idle jet S37-S38, Throttle 50-55 and main jet 105-115 would work with the R9359 carb.

You can machine the air inlet diameter down for easier fit to the inlet rubber.

I had better result with the old R9354 carb but the R9359 works well.

Regards

Carl

Hello

I was able to get the R9354 better in tune. Slightly better bottom end power and better throttle response but I had to change the spider heigth from 7mm to 5mm.

The R9359 has a different air jet, throttle needle/needle jet and 2mm spider height.

I had the Mikuni on for a couple of weeks this autumn (for testing). With the mikuni I had to work a lot more with the clutch and I felt that riding was overall more difficult. Double blips wasn

Unless you are prepared to strip the carb down, clean out both the airbox and air filter after EVERY time out on the bike you are not guaranteed to finish a trial with the Dellorto fitted to your bike. I had one fitted on my 06 270 for 8 months and will not be fitting it onto my 07. OK once running right the carburetion is an improvement to that of the Mikuni, but I would rather put up with the odd bit of dribbling petrol and slight drop in performance than be left miles away from the car park with a bike that

Thanks for the info Dave, we will see what happens over the next few months and report back. Bike did about 8 hours yesterday in pretty mucky conditions without any problems, maybe the dusty summer will test the carb better.

Ralph does clean the carb out pretty much every ride, may be a pain for the time being untill a slightly larger tract can found for ease of refitting. I think it needs as much of a test as possible in the interest of Beta riders on here but Ralphs on holiday for the next 4 weeks, what do you recon Ralph? you going to lend me it whilst your away or what? :( may even be able to find an easy way of refitting it :blush:

You put up with it for 8 months though Dave, quite a long time really, must have been something good to stop you flinging the Mikuni back in. I know all bikes are a little different running, Ralphs was quite good before the Dell went on but the difference it has made is amazing, really hope it keeps going without any probs

Edited by Betarev3

Cheers Dav for spending a bit of time to reply. I hardly ever get any muck in my air box and my fuel is filterd twice.I oil the filter and tape the mudgard but if it plays up to much (once) it will get smashed.

Do you think it was the fuel or the air box where the sh#t was coming from i am very regermented with my air filter and carb cleaning.

I will give it a good go because it runs so sweet and will report back.

Justin you can pick it up tomorrow to give it a good old test but i do wont it back please.