04 Beta 270

sarah

Have you tried all the usual stuff? Specifically: Whip the carb off and give it a good clean making sure all the jets are clear. Also, make sure the air filter is in reasonable nick and not clogged (if possible, put a new one in). New plug. Might also be worth repacking the silencer.

Standard jets are 30 and 150, needle setting is middle, most of us lean the needle one notch from new. I have 27.5 pilot and 145 main as mine was bogging and running too rich from new, it has cured the running but be carefull as it may make other bikes too lean.

Use premium pump fuel and I use 65ml of TTS in 5 litres,

ok thanks, i normally have 70ml of oil in 5 litres of fuel. My plug is always black, which points to it being too rich! It has never ran right even from new! Had problems with stators but the latest ones an 06 one and seems fine!

is what not closer to 80/1? no am defnitly not over oiling my filter and i change it every week!

4 Ltrs of fuel and 50ml of oil will make it 80/1 i think you are running on the rich side, some even say run it at 90-100/1. Not the soal problem but wouldn't help.