Any Place To Practice Tomorrow 29th?

tone

Tone, Give Nick a call and ask him if it's ok to use the bank where the sections were in the club trial, I'm sure he won't mind providing you don't stray over the top into the neighbours wood.

We were up there on Wednesday and it was suprisingly dry.

Here's a map. Click

bugger...wish I hadnt missed your call yesterday now Tone...

hope you have a good day...

If you feel like going again on Sunday..let me know, and I'll join u. Theres bugger all on up here on SUnday...other than classic trials...seems like theres more of them than anything else up here. :thumbup:

bugger...wish I hadnt missed your call yesterday now Tone...

hope you have a good day...

If you feel like going again on Sunday..let me know, and I'll join u. Theres bugger all on up here on SUnday...other than classic trials...seems like theres more of them than anything else up here. :thumbup:

Didn't you used to ride in the south mids centre. I thought I saw your name in the results for the Stonebridge once, and you once mentioned riding in the Berko trial at Brickhill (that is on this weekend). Very long way from Hereford though!

You have obviously moved, or I have got the wrong person.

What are the non classic trials like round your way. We ride out of centre a lot. I used to get accross to Herefordshire and Worcestershire a lot with work and the land in that area looked like it had a lot of potential. More time was spent planning possible sections than visiting customers!

Any trials you would reccomend making the trip from Bedfordshire for?

Hi Dougle,

Yep, its me!!..and yep, I moved.

Its rather strange up here as far as I can see so far...(hopefully Im not about to offend anyone).

This is my take on Herefordshire so far......BUGGER all trials....and really sad since there are some great possible venues. There is a small ammount of classic trials happening but nothing really in the modern scene.Also, even more depressing is there appears to be NOWHERE to practice!

BUT...luckily, although sometimes it still seems a bit far,...there are alot of clubs and good events in the Gloucester/cheltenham/stroud area...and there are alot of good events in the South Shropshire area.

There are also alot of good events/venues in Wales, both central and southern.

SO...I suppose to summerise..(and dont forget I havent been here long)...it seems that every single place that BORDERS Hereford has good events, but like I said before, in Herefordshire itself, basically NADA!!!

An event(s) that I've heard would be well worth you travelling for is in May??..in Foel?? Forest, organised by the LLanfylin club.(check it out on their website)...they have this huge lap trial in the forest and have two smaller trials either side of it, making a kind of 3 day event that apparently is really really good.

Hope to see you then if not before!! :thumbup:

Tone, and Scorpa3...

hope to see you there on SUnday maybe??

Can give you the phone number too, if you need it Tone.

Oh!..one more thing about riding up here Doogle.

Unfortunately, alot of clubs dont do a 50/50 thing like in the SOuth Midlands, which is a real shame coz it really suited me well.

Although, most events up here, (particularly some of the Gloucester ones) seem harder, I do SOMETIMES find myself a bit between the clubman route and expert route, but Im DEFINATELY not good enough to always try the expert route....heee-heee...and before anyone says it...yes, sometimes not even good enough for the CLUBMAN route!!!!!!! :beer::kerstsmiley:

as far as practice in Herefordshire goes, I think that Glyn Prosser lets people use the wood at Dulas (with payment), need to check with Pitley. You can usually catch him in the public bar at the Temple :thumbup: a bit further south, you can also practise at Lleyncelyn Farm, near Pandy (other side of the border).

As for trials in Herefordshire, when I started riding about 2.5 years ago there were _no_ trials in the county at all, hence i started riding in East South Wales, as the Abergavenny, Gwent Schoolboys, Pontypool and Merthyr Trials are at most 45 minutes from my house. There were 6 classic trials last year, all at cracking venues (Clyro and Llanthony were slightly over the border, Dulas right on it) and I think 2 modern trials (1 combined with the classics at Bowley Court).

Woops...sorry guys...thought that might rattle a few cages.

I know my chat might have sounded negative, but that still aint MANY trials in one year eh! Mal??

I know Andy and the Wye Valley put a terrific classic series together last year, I even observed at one...and what a terrific success they were!! I just cant see why there aint a comp every MONTH in Herefordshire?

Thanks for the info on the practice places though Mal. At least I wont have to travel all the way to Bewdley or even further anymore.

On a brighter note, and one that ...ahem..I should have mentioned earlier, it does seem that there is alot of effort going in to one of the local clubs, so hopefully there will be more events this year.

Didnt mean and badwill guys, you know me, all I want is to see trials, trials and more trials, for everyone to enjoy...and yes, i'll happily put the work in when there is some to be done.

HAPPY NEW YEAR :bouncy:

Well Stu....it looks like you have rustled a few feathers, obviously these guys don't know you.. Don't forget that if you can't find anything in your neck of the woods you know you are always welcome down here in the Midlands Centres. One for the diary is the Stonebridge trial 18th Feb run by Cambridge, regs now available on their web site.

Tone

Edited by Tone