Sheffield

jack_h

Can confirm it was a footrest that snapped off. Unlucky night for Doug after a VERY promising start. Photos tomorrow when I get home and shedloads of video possible courtesy of The Geographically Challenged One.

Great Trial!!

Classic Dougie on first lap (only dropping 2 marks).

Unfortunate 5 on the tough section 2 on second lap, then it seemed to go pear shaped for him

culminating in the broken foot rest during his last race.

Dabill's score does not do justice to his very good performance, showing a lot of promise.

Super venue, fantastic entertainment, brilliant sections, great riding from all the competitors, and my 6 year

old son loved it.

The only disappointment was that over half the audience left before the presentation.

I know a lot of people have a long way to travel back home, (or catch last orders!) so they would want to get away early (only to be gridlocked in the car parks!).

But Bou, Raga, and Fugigas and the organisers deserved better than that, from what is supposed to be

the "HOME" of Motorcycle trials.!).

Can't wait for next year though! (I hope there is one!).

Andy,

3.22am.......You seem remarkably sober.

I'm just off into the garage to inspect my footrests.

He typed the message out before they hit the pub.....all he had to do was press submit :bouncy:

Is this a first,a technical failure like that on a works bike is very unusual, or did anyone there see Raga hanging about with a hacksaw

Not much more to add, but

Fuji was fantastic value- he was the only one who didn't go for a safety dab (and made a genuine attempt to clean), on the PJ1 section in reverse

I was impressed that all the riders did genuinely seem to be giving it their all-perhaps too much in some cases (no-one would want to pick up a serious injury, especially in a Non-WTC event)

Doug was "on-it", initially- what a contrast to last year when he never looked happy. My personal feeling is that he ran out of gas- started to look wobbly on the skip section, even before the 5 (and boy, was he pi

:agree: Yes ,that Wayne Kershaw gets paid for nowt but i liked it when Martin put the mic next to Fuji's 4rt exhaust (woke everyone up and startled Fuji).

The night went well ,the atmosphere seemed a little more relaxed than previous years,which affected the riders in different ways.

Cabs..I don't think he took things very seriously at all, granted, he was very technical until he thought he had found a short cut back onto the shed and 5-ed it, then it became one big training exercise for him.

This bloke has huge ability but no 'nous'.Is it just me or is it this simple..get the man a mentor or manager who can kick his ar5e ,keep him focussed, and you will have a World champ.

Raga .. I have a new found respect for the man, his looning around and comedy routine was worth the entrance fee in itself.

When Raga was introduced he went to the base of one of the race towers, where Martin was commentating,blasted straight up the ramp and jammed on the anchors(then coasted backwards off the ramp) to miss Martin . I don't think it was scripted.

In between sections when the floor got 'congested' Raga put his belly on the bars and rode at the officials/press doing a 'breast -stroke' movement .

Dabill.. Gave everything a good go especially the yellow skips, the lad certainly didn't bottle anything.

Fuji....Big smiles all round from the man even when he launched his bike off the log ramp .Later on

he kept on smiling as that oaf Kershaw called him a ''Kamakaze pilot''.Not very PC!

Toni Bou....What can you say ?...Clinical,cool,gifted, an old head on young shoulders.

He seemed to sit back and let the others make their own mistakes.

Is there a panel in the back of his scalp where you can see the batteries and the circuit board?

As for the bike? seemed to have a great combination of power and grip.

Oor Dougie....Not nice to say but can he take the pressure? That used to be his stong point.

Whenever the crowd got behind him he seemed to flap (contrary to what the commentators say),

on the log section(in reverse)the 'tators wound the crowd up ,the crowd wound Dougie up and Dougie wound the 4RT up then..he got the 'yips' and hit the log tower way too soon/low for a 5.

Dougie dropped his bike so much I am not surprised that it failed him later on.

Is it because we expect so much that we are so disappointed ?

Ok that's how I saw it so let's hear your corrections.

P.S Does anyone know if it will ever be shown on TV 'cos I think I may have been captured by the camera.

Yes, I know I'm vain but I have a lot to be vain about.