Shock Mounting To Swing Arm

zippy

Tell the rest of the story, In a recent conversation with a mate of mine, his leaking shock on the Beta was priced at nearly 600 of your quid thingies, ofer 1000 euros or nearly 1200 usd!

I'll keep my links and keep the bearings lubed! :)

Just to clarify, the linkage provides a rising rate of leverage on the shock. This has an effect on both the damping and the spring.

On the linkless Beta, the variable rate damping does the job of the linkage (light initial damping that gets progressively firmer), but the spring is on its own.

While the links are more vulnerable to damage, the mounting of the shock on a linkage system puts the shock itself farther out of harm's way.

KTM uses a linkless system, while the Japanese brands have stuck with linkage swingarms.

Tell the rest of the story, In a recent conversation with a mate of mine, his leaking shock on the Beta was priced at nearly 600 of your quid thingies, ofer 1000 euros or nearly 1200 usd!

I'll keep my links and keep the bearings lubed! :)

I think the Beta shock "new" is just over

barrybaines Posted Yesterday, 04:00 PM

Sure was luckily it wasn`t mine Although on the same day I had damages too about the same value

If I remember correctly that was R2W's shock and you had a disagreement between your front wheel and a rather stubborn rock step. But that would be a different thread maybe "Which rim is better: Round or Oval?"

Just giving you a bit of a ribbing Barry.