Tubeless Rears.

bulltaco

Interesting feedback on this one, many thanks. I was really asking out of curiosity as someone said it couldn't be done physically, which sounded like bull to me.

BJ where do you find the pre-65/twinshock rules you mention, can't see much in the 2004 ACU handbook unless it's covered by the "major components" bit on the Sammy Miller Championship?. But in that case couldn't the bike enter as a "special" according to the handbook.

If not, what's Nigel D doing messing about with his Sherpa?. Or is it just a fun project Nigel?.

it was driven by wanting a tubeless rim and now I have a modern bike I didn't want to swap lh/rh braking. The rods are best for drum brakes I think and the sherpa set up isn't the best anyway. The Classic Champs has no strict rules on these things and I think birkett has Yamaha forks and swinging arm and wheels but I've never looked that closely.

Edited by Nigel Dabster

had a ride on birketts suzuki at the dk mansell few weeks back and was mightly impressed.... engine was easily a match for my '04 270 beta, all felt very modern, riding position etc.... got a long way to go with the old KT, got a 310 big bore kit on it's way from US, anyone ever ridden or heard of this kit before? Circa '76 vintage.