When Is The Ssdt?

physco

can some body please confirm the dates for the ssdt 2007 please and also the pre 65 ssdt

All these years riding and you still haven't sussed it? :banana2: Always the first Monday in May so Monday 7th this year. Pre-65 is always the Friday/Saturday before.

• 3 weeks later...

This is a stupid question and probably going to get linched for asking - although i'm sure it's one that others will want to know the answer to.

How good do you have to be to enter the Scottish and make it through?

I'd love to do it! I am just starting out in trials (aged 21) after a 4 yr break, and it would be nice to have something to aim for. Want to do it before i'm 30! Do i have to be an expert rider? or could a clumbman give it a go.

Cheers

adam

Since this is regarded as the top trials event in the annual calendar and most riders do at least 1 years observing to learn the ropes at 21 you need to hurry up or you may be left behind :D

So what you are saying is that you need to be a good expert rider before trying.

surely on a forum like this people should not be asking stupid questions

Why didn't you just say that instead of being a a*** about it? :banana2:

Thanks for being so helpful!

I dont think you need to be an expert, I'm not, I'm an intermediate and Ive finished 9 times out of 9 and thoroughtly enjoyed it. First two years I was a novice, not a novice in yorkshire which is like an intermediate or above anywhere else but a novice in the North East. People go round the ssdt who dont ride the hard course in their own centre.

Dont be put off, I think your dead right to want somthing to aim for. You need to be fit and once you feel capable enter some nationals and do the easy route. You might be last the first time but if your 21 and prepared to practice and stick at it you wont be last for long.

see you at the ssdt 2008 ?

out of interest how many has johnq done ?

I dont think you need to be an expert, I'm not, I'm an intermediate and Ive finished 9 times out of 9 and thoroughtly enjoyed it. First two years I was a novice, not a novice in yorkshire which is like an intermediate or above anywhere else but a novice in the North East. People go round the ssdt who dont ride the hard course in their own centre.

Dont be put off, I think your dead right to want somthing to aim for. You need to be fit and once you feel capable enter some nationals and do the easy route. You might be last the first time but if your 21 and prepared to practice and stick at it you wont be last for long.

out of interest how many has johnq done ?

Thanks for that Baldilocks.

I started trials when i was 12 and before i had to stop i was an average rider on the intermediate route, so hopefully after 4yrs out i wont be starting from scratch.

Hopefully as a spectator but doubt i'll have the confidence or experience to enter that soon. I do think that it is achievable though!

Since this is regarded as the top trials event in the annual calendar and most riders do at least 1 years observing to learn the ropes at 21 you need to hurry up or you may be left behind :banana2:

Can't believe 10% of the riders have observed at the SSDT prior to riding, I certainly hadn't & I can't think of any of my mates had either.

Big John's right - the majority of riders have never observed the event, in fact there's only a handful who have. Not being a rider myself, I can't really give an opinion on how good you need to be, but if you're considering it then it's worth having a look at the Newcomers Guide on the SSDT website :

SSDT : Guide for Newcomers

Edited by Highland Lassie