Endurocross

brian r

If people go to see SX because of the spectacular thrills / spills and the EX for the tougher terrain and uncertainty of just whom may win.

How about a competition of tougher more Stadium Trials obstacles but where a Dirt bike still has a chance to get through them.

I

Ian, Endurocross the brand, as a event in itself, it's loaded with major sponsors and hype. It's a full fledged money-maker mate.

KTM, rules the roost with a full team of Pro riders, the other big three send the pro GNCC/Dessert/off-road teams.

The fact it's a tight, insanely designed course, with a anything can happen finish, keeps the current pro motocrossers away.

Like Mich said, which manufacturer would want to be send out RC, James or Chad, and by chance get beat by Nick.

you really think the top mx'ers don't do ex is because there afraid to be beat? i'm sorry but a 40 year old EX motocrosser won the event. how about the fact that they make a living riding mx and sx and a one off ex race does what for them?

AtomAnt Posted Today, 11:05 AM

Guys, I have some serious interest in whats happening with Endurocross in the states. Can you answer whether you think this will be a popular sport with respectable sponsorship in place in the coming future?

Ya, it has gotten big pretty fast. The first year the crowd wasn't so big, but the last two years it has been sold out! If they had say a six race series I'm sure they would all sell out.

To me it seems more like a extreme MX than anything, short race around a small track. I think the winners reflect that, two old mx'ers and one World Champ Enduro guy. What would a top MX guy do? Of course those "old" mx guys can still get a top 10 at any national mx. Mcgrath was going to race before he got hurt at his invitational race, that would of brought even more interest.

As for top mx guys not being there, they had the Mcgrath invitational, the U.S. Open and the Canadian SX rounds after that. I think they needed a little off season

Thanks for the info guys.. Be interested to know whether we could go out there for a few months to compete. Is there loads of travelling between the competitions? . Would it be viable to hire a camper & bike and travel via road?

you really think the top mx'ers don't do ex is because there afraid to be beat? i'm sorry but a 40 year old EX motocrosser won the event. how about the fact that they make a living riding mx and sx and a one off ex race does what for them?

Here's a good interview with John Dowd after the race:

http://www.racerxill.com/articles/detail/1...-john-dowd.aspx

• 1 month later...