Rs360t Video

ludde

Thanks Ludde, certainly brings back memories of watching it in front of the fire at home, as a kid in complete awe.

I've got agree with Kinell though, god how things have moved on! If the steps were in a local club trial at expert level nobody would be expecting to fail them let alone lose marks.

Still, that was over 25 years ago and this is now, so no comparison can be made as such.

I'd love to see more if you've got the time to post it.

Thanks again.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The full movie is about 28 min long, and with a rough calculation the size of it would be about 130 mb I think. But if you ask me REALLY nice I'll see what I can do.

I also have a promotion video from dunlop which features Eddy and alot of clips from the 1981 world championship, I think it's from a venue in the uk.

Come to think of it I also have a video from the 1984 ssdt but it's an hour long so it's too big to upload.

I would like to see the full vid preeety pleeeeze :wacko:

By the way, Its interesting to see that there was no evidence of a splat technique being used. Was that only when the mono's came in and who was the rider who first used it? and.... is there any video of it?

Don't want a lot do I :wacko:

I've uploaded the whole video here. I've put it in a archive and split it in parts of 10mb each so it's easy to download.

Thanks for that, I enjoyed it :wacko:

How did you create the .exe file to combine all the seperate files into one movie clip? Very nifty...

cheers ludde fantastic to watch it took me a while to work out what to do with the files but i got in the end :wacko::wacko: my kids had to tell me what to do oh well the joys of been of a certain age if you have any more of these gems please dont be shy and let us all have a look thanks again :wacko:

only me again ludde sorry you must be getting sick but i was sat thinking about other vids i have seen over the years and there was one kicking about with the great jordi tarres practising i was just wondering you dont have that one do you ?????????? or does anybody have a copy to but on and share cheers

Blocky Posted Today, 11:14 AM

I get an error message when I try to run the .EXE file....

Eddy_full.a10 : Cannot find file

I had this problem until I looked in the folder and found a new file had been created by the exe file, this came up as "Eddy Lejeune trialsschool.wmv" This new file contains all the divided files to show the complete movie. I hope this makes sense, but as I'm a computer biff myself it's the only explanation I can give.

Cheers Ludde, the full video shows how ahead of his time Eddy was, hopping the back round and 180 air turns are impressive. I notice he uses all 4 fingers on the front brake to get the back end up, thanks god for the mechanical advantage that Hydraulic systems give. :beer:

Edited by Hughesy

Nice bit of trials nostalgia :D

Were those sections the same sort of level that would have been seen in World Trials in the early 80's?

I realise that videos and photos 'flatten' things on the screen and that the riders were on big/numb twinshocks etc. but (I'll probably get shot down in flames for this...) I reckon a good Clubby rider would be able to do all of that on a modern bike :angry:

What do you think?

PS

That bike sounded luvverly

I know several drivers who can do that sort of thing on a modern bike and even on a twinshock (tlr 250 or fantic 240 pro). Mind you the are more than just good clubbies i even know one who can do most of what you see on the video on his bsa b40 (pre 65!!! )

i would like to be able to do it on a modern bike but that wil take some ( a lot of !!) practice but on my honda i even woudend try

ps sorry for spelling mistakes i am not used to write in English

• 2 weeks later...