Montesa 4rt

crazycooter

He means he has changed from a 10/41 to a 10/43, which lowers the gearing and is certainly my preferred choice - as you well know Perce!!

10/42 IS A BETTER OPTION IMHO

1 IT SLOWS THE BIKE DOWN

2 YOU CAN KEEP THE ORIGINAL CHAIN (43 NEEDS A HALF LINK)

3 WHEN I PUT A 43TOOTH I WAS USING 2ND FOR 80% OF SECTIONS

HOPE THIS HELPS

He means he has changed from a 10/41 to a 10/43, which lowers the gearing and is certainly my preferred choice - as you well know Perce!!

You can read it both ways & since mine had a 43 on it when it came........... :beer: I use 10-42 but then I had a few spare ones knocking about when I got the 4rt.

The only way to properly slow a 4rt down is to fit a throttle body & use a softer than standard map, swapping sprockets is just a workaround method. Fitting a big clutch master cylinder is also a must. Although my 07 spys tell me that the standard map is softer & the clutch is better too.

So a 102 link chain will suit 10 / 42?

Just buy a Renthal R1 & there's plenty of links in there, I've certainly never bought any extra bits or fitted a 1/2 link thingy. I use standard cams as the standard axle doesn't suit any of the bling stuff, it's not long enough. The normal cams do the job just fine anyway so why waste brass?

Edited by PERCE