What Ever Happened To?

brian r

Hey Brian,

Those old Cotas are doing great. We entered them in the MAVT (Mid Atlantic Vintage Trials) series, and with the exception of Farrandsville, they did great. I cooked the engine on mine at Farrandsville. Farrandsville (the Durty Dabbers' event) has a lot of hill climbing and between the heat (it was in the 90s) and my weight, the bike basically said 'I think it's time to die'. But it literally waited until I got to the scorer's table before it completely froze up. Good bike! This year I'll probably use either the 349 or a TY250 for Farrandsville. Charlie was going to try to get up to ride with us, but wasn't able to. If you're ever up north visiting the family when an MAVT event is going on, you should stop on by.

Good to hear from you,

Brian

OK...this post isn't going to be as complete as the one I spent about 20 minutes composing, and then lost.

Aaaaaaagggghhhhhhhh!

Anyway, I'll try to hit the high points.

It's nice to be remembered...even if it is only on the Trials bulletin board!

Har!

Yes...that's my sneaker (July 4th, 2005), yes, it was a nasty job, and no, it did not end my trials riding; not for more than a few months anyway.

I still lurk a bit, but have little to contribute as trials has taken a bit of a back seat.

The terrain is so terrible here, and I was so spoiled by having trials heaven right in my back yard...I just don't have the time or dedication to spend 3-5 hours driving to ride.

If my son had stayed interested, I probably would have stuck more with it, but he lost interest.

I'm keeping my bike and allowing for the possibility that my now-6-year-old will want to ride, but he's definitely not ready yet.

The good news is, I have been sort of dragged out of musical retirement and have joined a really hot blues band. The bad news is, Blues, like trials, is seriously struggling for an audience in these parts; but the Philly metro area is pretty big, and we're finding a niche.

So, guitar is my new trials, and, for better or worse, I don't really have the time for more than one hobby that requires such a high level of dedication. The biggest difference is, I am a terrible trials rider, but I am, by most accounts, a pretty damn good guitar player.

So, there you have it.

I'll continue to lurk and keep a toe in the water (I still have all ten, although a couple are a little ugly!), and feel free to PM me and stay in touch!

For the time being, all we have are crappy one-mic recordings from live gigs, but if anybody is interested, you can hear my blues band by clicking below.

A, as we scout some classier gigs, we'll have to improve our web presence, and I'll keep you posted!

Keep your airboxes dry, keep your feet up and dig yourselves!

Our Crappy Myspace page

Our Crappy web page

Hey there Brian, haven't heard from you in a while either.

How's the Pa state Montesa 200 Cota Club doing?

I'm guessing Charlie got a job and has to work now!

Ask a simple question .....

:D

I tried to :banana2:

And...yeah...I got a job.

It's a cool job, but the money is very short.

Workin' for a livin' is a drag.

But you all knew that.

Charlie,

Pretty d**ned good!! The guitar work on Full Time Lover is at least the equivalent of an 6 foot splatter! Flat out excellent! But if you get time for your other hobby again, drop me a line. We'll even steer clear of that creek that now forever bears your name.

Brian