Hebo Hydralic Clutch Conversions

axulsuv

I was poking around and came across hebo's website and they now show a hydralic clutch conversion kit

for older bikes ....

I was just wondering if anyone has ever used one on a 240 pro , and if it makes that big of differance when my clutch arm is already lengthened 1/2 an inch or so . ( the bikes , not my left one !)

Glenn

Bill pye has done a nice little clutch conversion to one of his 200 twinshock's a very cute job,one finger operation.

He had it at the malvern bike show last year.not sure if his doing it this year but if he is he might have the bike there, worth taking a look at it.

Lee ; yes my cable mount has been moved the same amount I lengthed the arm, I also have a differant spring on the arm . My clutch works for me fine w/ my standard 2 finger grip that I've used most of my life.

And acording to ITSA modern twinshock class rules : drum brakes , aircooled , twinshocks ! kinda a run

what ya brung class , as long as it meets that criteria , and is SAFE to ride !!!! kinda leaves the door open !!!

And Bil & BD ; is his 200 hydralic ? I was just curious if anyone has seen or used the kit hebo sells ...

Thanks , I think I'll save my money for now ... But do you think I can put a built tl250 engine in my spare

240 chassis ? (and I realize the drive is on the wrong side !)

Glenn :rotfl:

Axul.

Bill's 200 clutch is 100% cable.

I'll give you a brief description of the set up.

As you probaly know on the 200's there's an adjuster that screw's into the top of the engine casing,that was removed and with the engine split he drilled down into the casing where the adjuster used screw into, and then made up a shaft that would slide down into the casing,i can only guess he used a circlip to secure the shaft at the bottom,back up top he had two little arm's fitted either side of the shaft, there was a length of cable from your handlebar's down to your new arm ,and the other arm would hold a piece of cable going to the original clutch arm bolted to the engine.As you operate the clutch the new shaft turn's in turn.

That's a very basic description and as you could imagine there's a hell of alot of work involved there.

think it's a game of experimenting untill you get it right,but it can be done and you would'nt know the diffrence between cable or hydralic.

one finger operation.

hope that explain's it clear enough.

Edited by bilco

The guy rides it regularly on four stroke twin shock trials here in northen germany. It it very competitive. XL 185 motor, bored I fink to 206cc, tlr 200 primary drive and a cl125 final. 4th and 5 th are the same. The guy did it really well. Hope my 340 will look half as good.

Lee

• 16 years later...
On 2/13/2007 at 5:58 PM, bilco said:

Axul.

Bill's 200 clutch is 100% cable.

I'll give you a brief description of the set up.

As you probaly know on the 200's there's an adjuster that screw's into the top of the engine casing,that was removed and with the engine split he drilled down into the casing where the adjuster used screw into, and then made up a shaft that would slide down into the casing,i can only guess he used a circlip to secure the shaft at the bottom,back up top he had two little arm's fitted either side of the shaft, there was a length of cable from your handlebar's down to your new arm ,and the other arm would hold a piece of cable going to the original clutch arm bolted to the engine.As you operate the clutch the new shaft turn's in turn.

That's a very basic description and as you could imagine there's a hell of alot of work involved there.

think it's a game of experimenting untill you get it right,but it can be done and you would'nt know the diffrence between cable or hydralic.

one finger operation.

hope that explain's it clear enough.

Hi Bilco. Have you any reference more about this clutch mod by Bill Pye ? i looked for this man on the internet:  Bill Pye, Frankfield Garage, but just find it is definetively closed. Thanks for your reply.