What Did You Forget?

ringo

I rode a trial 30 miles from home a few years ago. 30 minutes before start I realised I'd forgotten my helmet. As it takes me ages to find a helmet to fit my basketball head I knew I had no chance of borrowing one, so I raced home, got my helmet then raced back.

On the way back the car started heating up, then overheated then bits of the turbo fell off and things got worse. I limped back to the trial with smoke out the back, and managed to start 20 minutes late and catch up. 3rd lap my GasGas 280 Pro blew up.

Bit miffed and wanting to get home in daylight I threw the bike on the trailer and went home. On the way the car died completely. With no vehicles left running I called the AA.

They were over an hour and I started to freeze in damp clothes, so being in a village I got changed in the car. When the AA bloke arrived I was almost completely naked in the car.

Not sure he was convinced with my explanation. :hyper:

I riding the trusty old fantic, and stopping to walk a lonngg section ,and as a old bike rider turning the fuel off to ease restarting in 10 to 15 mins. Have totaly forgotten to turn it back on ! THAT HURTS!!! And I hate when I forget to bring bananas !!!! natures perfect food !!!

Glenn

• 2 weeks later...

Well it's not what I forgot it's what I didn't notice.

A friend loaned me his 74 TY250 to ride while my IT175 was apart.

Loaded up drove to the riding area. Suited up turned on the gas and looked down and gas was running all over the place.

On further inspection I noticed that there was no carburetor.........WTF! :D

He had forgotten to tell that he had removed the carb for cleaning and repair.