Need Suggestions On Building Trials Track

toothandnail

I am getting back in to trials after looooong absence (bought the first TY'S Yamaha made)never did any competion , just play. I run a small race track ,MX & TT and would like to add a trials "track"?? We have no natural terrain, pretty much just flat,so it will have to be built, we also have no trials riders in the area that I know of ,so they will all be new ,or riding MX or enduro bikes to start with, many are good hill climbers and excellent riders.

So with that back ground what would yo suggest for a course ? Low resiloution pics would be nice as I am on dial up :D . Any descriptions would also be nice as well . I have tried a few searches but didn't come up with much.

We went by the Trials Training Center in Tenn. last year on vacation , VERY nice facility BTW, unfortunatly no one was around.

If you need any more info just ask.

Thank You Matt

email matt@toothandnailracing.com

Edited by toothandnail

I built trials sections in my backyard at no expense beside nails and concrete blocks so I spent about $100 USD. I pick up things around the city for free to build with using mainly shipping pallets and shipping crates. I also use rocks, logs, broken concrete, and scrap lumber. They need to be arranged so that the skidplate doesn't slam into the wood. Concrete blocks are put under the pallets to keep them from rotting from moisture. A skilled trials rider can ride them without much damage but an unskilled rider on an enduro bike would tear it up. In that case you would need tractor tires, railroad ties and boulders.

Edited by sectionone

I have several floater tires 48"h*31"w ,also some 66"h*54"w , can get some large construction tires , about 20 ,30gal & 55gal. plastic barrels (how will those hold up??), 20+ wood pallets , 20" dia.*12'. tree trunks, 1000-2000yds dirt/clay mix(hill climb??) , can get as much shot rock(very large) as I want , thinking about making some sort of tetter totter out of steel w/expanded metal floor,not sure on dimensions L*W*H . I want to make a nice course , not something that looks like a junk yard :stoned: as I still have to convince my better half that it will look nice, especially since she will be mowing around it :D

Edited by toothandnail

plastic barrels wont hold up very well everything else sounds good. how big is the shot rock. btw im about 70 miles south of california mo have a small playground plus acess to 2000 acres surounding me with a couple hundred sections (unfortaly many still devestated by the recent ice storm). if you want somewhere to ride or some ideas email me

Oh yes whats a tire?

It is a rubber device used to cushion and protect a wheel .

Help me with my spelling Is this better?

There is and old rock quarry about 10 miles from me that over the years was filled with reject TYRES. Recently there was a large FYRE and they all burned leaving a pretty good place to ride except since they were steel belted there are several pices of WYRE all over the place. Its very muddy at home rather than MYRE up all my sections at home i could HYRE someone to pick up the WYRE and it would be a good place to ride.

Edited by hensley

Oh yes whats a tire?

It is a rubber device used to cushion and protect a wheel .

Help me with my spelling Is this better?

There is and old rock quarry about 10 miles from me that over the years was filled with reject TYRES. Recently there was a large FYRE and they all burned leaving a pretty good place to ride except since they were steel belted there are several pices of WYRE all over the place. Its very muddy at home rather than MYRE up all my sections at home i could HYRE someone to pick up the WYRE amd it would be a good place to ride.

That right there is funny , I don't care who you are :hyper::D:thumbup: