Hawkstone 2007

Andy

Whilst it may seem like ages away, I'm making the most of what is a "quiet time" for me in the calendar to plan 2007 and that includes the British world round at Hawkstone and, in particular, the Trials Central get-together.

2005 was the first get-together. It was totally informal and not restricted to Trials Central folk. Unfortunately things got slightly out of control due to a very small minority of non-Trials Central people who couldn't handle their drink.

2006 was, I believe, a total success. Lessons were learned from 2005, access was controlled to ensure it was actually Trials Central readers and members who were allowed in and feedback afterwards indicated all who attended had a great time.

The one thing that did put a damper on things in 2006 (literally!) was when the heavens decided to open and the tent wasn't big enough to accomodate everybody. The tent was very kindly paid for by the organisers of the event. It was pretty big, but obviously not big enough. Marquee tents are expensive and I cannot and would not expect the organisers to provide unlimited resources.

So... The question is, would people attending in 2007 be willing to pay a pound or two per Trials Central Party wristband to help pay for a bigger marquee tent in case the weather does what it did last year? I don't know exact costs. At this stage I'm just sussing out whether people would find that acceptable or not. Any profit made would just be invested in adding more to the free drinks and food :D

PS. Format for 2007 will be the same as previous years - big screen Trials videos in the marquee, limited free drinks and bring your own food barbecue (providing I can coax Heath out of retirement!)

Whilst it may seem like ages away, I'm making the most of what is a "quiet time" for me in the calendar to plan 2007 and that includes the British world round at Hawkstone

Is it now official that the world round is going to be at Hawkstone again then :D

Hi Andy,

We had a great time.

We would gladly pay towards the costs.

Main plus points for us were,

- Larger area for camping (not squashed into the public area)

- Access to the BBQ (whether that includes a cook or we cook our own)

- Camaraderie

- TV screen

• 2 weeks later...

Judging by the statement made by L & M this could be the last UK mainland WTC for a few years and probably Doug's last.

It would therefore only seem right that we all make this a Trials Central party to remember.

I wonder if we can the ambassador of trials himself to come along for a glass of Red Bull?

Edited by Cota Kid

Judging by the statement made by L & M this could be the last UK mainland WTC for a few years and probably Doug's last.

It would therefore only seem right that we all make this a Trials Central party to remember.

I wonder if we can the ambassador of trials himself to come along for a glass of Red Bull?

I might pop down for a red bull but it will have to have vodka in it.By the way cota kid im using the stop watch you kindly donated for the first time tommorow will let you know how she go's!!!!!!!

I think it would be quite reasonable to expect everybody to pay a fiver to get into the trials central tent. Most people will have traveled a reasonable distance to get there, and a few quid to get in. Whats a fiver extra? Although I'm not too sure if I have much ground to say that, seeing as I haven't shelled out to be a supporter yet (sorry I forgot) (but now that I've remembered I will do after my exams are over next week!).

I'd really like to go along to the trials central party, reports from last year said it was a good event!

Cheers Andy by the way, and everyone else who puts so much time into Trials Central, and best of luck this weekend.

Bob

A fiver is more than I thought, but then I don't know what big tents cost! L&M Events paid for the tent last year. I've already dropped Jake an email about this and we'll talk about it nearer the time.

I do think Cota Kid has a point - this could be the last one for a while and we/I need to make it a good one. If charging a bit more than I originally planned in order to lay on something a bit special is needed then I don't think folk would object. It was certainly the place to be in 2006 and there's not been one word of bad feedback - not even a complaint from those camping close by who weren't there - despite us running the generators till well into the small hours of the morning (though that was largely down to our soundproofing efforts!) No noise no complaints, no trouble, nothing except glowing reports of folk having a great night (or nights!)

My ideas for 2007 include a tent at least twice the size of 2006 - even bigger if it's financially viable. The big screen Trials is now a MUST at these events as everybody loves them, but we lose at least quarter of the tent providing that. I'm thinking hiring a suspended projector would free up a lot more tent space and prevent me from potentially landing in crap (the projector I've used the past two years is one I carry for work and I've always been terrified something happens to it)

Lapdancers crossed my mind more than once, but were ruled out :banana2:

:banana2::blink::rotfl::blink: That was a great bit of sound proofing!

High point of the Saturday night had to be when I went out to check the petrol in the generators and there was a bloke I didn't know stood there.

Me: "What you doing?"

Bloke: "I'm having a pee"

Me: "You do realise you're peeing on our generators, don't you?"

Bloke: "Oops"

:blink:

That soundproofing was the second best move of the weekend. The best move of the weekend was feeding and watering the security guys. They had a horrible job that weekend with crap pay and they really appreciated the fact we looked after them with food and drink. A lot of the credit for that was down to Heath as he carried on cooking when most folk would have said sod it, but having them on side and looking after them was the only reason they let us run so late. Noise or no noise.

It was quite amusing how word got about amongst them that they would be fed if they headed for the Trials Central Tent and how many turned up. It wasn't planned last year - it just happened, but I'll be making sure there are some food reserves set aside for the security guys this year. They were spot on.

That was a great bit of sound proofing!

High point of the Saturday night had to be when I went out to check the petrol in the generators and there was a bloke I didn't know stood there.

Me: "What you doing?"

Bloke: "I'm having a pee"

Me: "You do realise you're peeing on our generators, don't you?"

Bloke: "Oops"

:rotfl:

That was me Andy :blink:

It was cloaked in wood, how was i to know, hehe :banana2:

I might pop down for a red bull but it will have to have vodka in it.By the way cota kid im using the stop watch you kindly donated for the first time tommorow will let you know how she go's!!!!!!!

Top Tip. Remember to count in minutes and not hours.

I've just realised you are like Bender off Futurama and cannot function without alcohol. :banana2:

PS Andy, stick with the lapdancer idea I think its a winner and the kids will love it!!

Edited by Cota Kid

cheers for that cota kid i new i was doin sumat wrong ha.By the way andrew you have to get them lap dancers not only would you probably get every rider down to the tent!!!! you would be able to charge alot more cash for da tickets. it would not be to hard to set up as there will be a pole in the middle of the tent to hold it up anyway.You would save money on the big screen because you wont need it as no one will be bothered about watching it.The girls would not cost TC anything because they could make so much cash on the dances they do.At the average price for a lapdance being around