Riding Tips

con

Hi

Can anyone tell me where I can get information on riding tips.

I am just starting with a Montesa 315 Cota.

I ride Enduro on a KTM and bought the trials bike to iprove my control skills.

Any help appreciated.

Con

Dont know where you live but if you ride enduro then i assume you are already a member of a few clubs?

My advice is to turn up at a Club Trial and offer to observe. This might not be the advice you are looking for but will give you a close up insight into how a rider attempts your section. It will also give you a chance to talk to the riders and hopefully strike up some rapport.

Following on you can then enter a club trial, choose one with a Clubman route, and give it a go. dont expect wonders on your first few attempts but treat them as a learning curve. It may take you this season to really get the feel for it. You may equally be lucky / gifted and catch on quickly. The main thing to remember is Trials is a precision sport not a speed event. Even if you run out of time in the first Trial it doesnt matter as long as you take the time to find a "line" that works for you. Watch the guys you ride with and dont be afraid to ask.

Choose your event with care so as not to jump in at the deep end the good guys always make it look so easy. Then when you feel more in the groove move up to the 50/50 route or another clubs Trials. Important thing is to enjoy yourself and dont take it too seriously at first. Remember to have a laugh :D

Good luck and welcome to the greatest Motor Cycle sport on the planet :hyper:

Edited by Old trials fanatic

Thanks guys

I am in Ireland Co Wicklow

I have been to trials events which I find helpful.

I was hoping for a link to a website that will give practical tips such as how to bunny hop and position on the bike - gearing for different tasks - etc.

Con

I bought the ryan young DVD "trials training and cross training techniques" at the end of 2005 when I first started and it has been a fantastic help! It's like having a training day in your living room that you can do over and over again! :hyper:

I would definately recommend it!

Cheers

Sean

As Sean said the RY DVD is very good :hyper: been riding a long time but found lots of things in it to make things easier, bit expensive but the best training one I have ever seen

Me and Ralph have Dad here as well, like having Dougie teaching you all the little tips and techniques

Edited by Betarev3