Ssdt Talk Lochaber Mountain Festival2007

whiz

Went to a talk at the Nevis center in Fort Willim last night, first class night, a very informative talk by john Moffat

Great pictures and video from years gone by up to 2006 trial, good to see the trophy`s up close.

Brilliant display by Danny and Duncan on the pushbike trials bikes.

many thanks to John and everyone involved.

Great night last night John ,enjoyed by all,great still photographs and excellent video clips.The whole evening was a credit to you with the amount of research you must have done on each decade. It was very professionally presented and if done on the scottish week Im sure there would not be a building in Fort William that could cope with the number of people that would want to come.You made us all realise that for us living in the Highlands how lucky we are having (The Best Trial In The World)on our doorsteps,and showing how over its evolution it has been partly shaped by local people and the local community,and as you yourself had seen last night by the number of local riders past and present that had come along to support the night will ensure the sucess of the ssdt for future generations. Garry

That's a lot of helpers there John. Sorry I missed it. One question though. Please tell me that the Jacky Ickx listed is not the same one who used to race F1 cars and who won the Le Mans 24 hour race on no less than five separate occasions ? :hyper:

Well John you really are a fountain of knowledge :thumbup: . Met Mr Ickx once at Goodwood and he was a really top bloke. I stand corrected on the number of his Le Mans 24 victories. Any other famous faces ever ridden in the SSDT I wonder ?

John, Im with Mark. Never say never.

I think a poll may be in order here.

I'd go if it were repeated. During the SSDT 07 I think you'd get a full house no matter which venue you chose. We could video it this second time around and you could raise money for the local mountain rescue or some other good local cause. Now you wouldn't say no to helping them out would you?

By the way, just for the record, I didn't indent for any expenses from the Mountain Festival for Saturday, not even diesel money for taking down 4 bikes for the display! I did it for the positive promotion of the Scottish and trials and for the good people of Fort William.

Big John

John, I never doubted it. I know and appreciate what you do for the sport in Scotland and further afield. I was just ribbing you. It does sound like a great presentation and your hard work should be shared.