How To Change Oils?

oke boy

Hi, I have a scorpa 290 works 1994/5 and the clutch drags on start up after awhile it frees itself but during the day it will drag and it seems to be doing it more and more. :angry: I have heard changing the oil in the clutch will help. I know nothing about bikes so how does one go about it and what oil is best. Also would like to change gear box oil, once again how? Any help, pretty pics showing how to or is there a general book out there which could help me. :thumbup:

Thanks. Steve

i HAD THE SAME PROBLEM WITH MY BETA, SOUNDS LIKE THE PLATES NEED ATTENTION, SCUFFED OR REPLACED, I'M GUESSING THATS A 2- STROKE? I WOULD USE 75 WT. WET CLUTCH OIL, MAXIMA HAS A GOOD PRODUCT LINE, AS FOR HOW TO DRAIN IT? I'VE NEVER DEALT WITH THAT BRAND OF BIKE, IT SHOULD HAVE A FILL PLUG AND A DRAIN ONE, GET ON THE FORUM AT RYPUSA.COM, ASK RYAN HE WILL KNOW ALL ABOUT IT! GOOD LUCK........................JOHN

Get to your nearest dealer and get some Gearbox oil. Then Change it every month,(or about eight trials), and you'll be about right. If you still have problems then it could be the plates need changing. You'll need to check how much to use but most use between 400 and 550 ml of oil in the boxes.

Edited by Telecat

Steve. The oil does the gearbox and clutch. To change it warm the bike up. Then remove the plug in the bottom of the engine via hole in bash plate. Check the seal round the plug if ok then replace.The fill plug will be similar to the drain plug, and I think on shercos is next to the water pump? Refill with recommended amount of oil.

Clutch drag is quite common on trials bikes. Check the little plunger on the clutch lever is able to return fully, tiny bit of play when leaver is out. Some people screw in the adjuster to get more travel, but if the little piston does not return back past the hole to the fluid reservoir then the system can