Scorpa T Ride

07betarev3

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems like it would make an ideal pampera replacement............

But with better build quality hopefully.

I take it you have personal experience of their poor build quality then??

My mate has one...............snapped frame..................snapped steerer tube.............only good thing is the engine

I ran a MKIII pampera for two years just as a long distance trials bike, I hardly used it for any trail riding and no enduros, just trials, the build quality was very poor.

The speedo packed in on the first ride, the down pipes went rusty after the first ride and the front wheel dented during the first trial.

The suspension linkage had huge ammounts of free play from new and subsequently wore out in no time. That said I loved riding the Pampera, it was as good as cheating when ridden in a trail bike trial, other riders don't realise just how like a trials bike they are.

Now Scorpa are releasing a fourstroke trail bike which 'may' do the same job, I would really like one. Only time will tell how useful it is going to be but fingers crossed that it goes as good as it appears in the video.

The Scorpa T ride is everything i have been looking for it fills a gap in the market that no one else has done since the great but appalingly built Pampera. I was going to make do with there underpowered air cool longride but will keep what i have until September and buy the T ride. If anyone from Scorpa is looking in on this then keep up the build quality as i personally would rather pay the necessary extra than experience the miserable quality again of the Pampera. Oh and please have a red white and black colour scheme option like on the little air cooled 4 stroke. I seriously think this is a great concept missed by many manurfacturers as i like long distance trials but on a bike that can still be treated like a trials bike unlike the rest of the oposition like Serows, CRF230F's. Scorpa nearly had it right with the TYS175 longride but if it was only a 250. Excelent one Scorpa i am for one excited about this, with thought like this Scorpa deserve more and more success, and i hope they get it. Yamahas tricker even got it all wrong (ok i know it was a street bike-but who is interested in the street-not me). This T ride is going to make a lot of people happy, you could green lane it, you could LDT, you could trial it, you could ride it recreationally, you could reach places that would be a right slog on an enduro bike, basically you could ride it how you like but its roots are in trials. I havnt seen anything like it thats hits the spot since Hondas old TLR200,250,250R but its more than any of those can offer today so wake up Honda.

yes thats true the 250 2T longride and 250 4T longride would be the next option i dont know why i missed them out. I like the T ride though because it does have a seat but not too much height that detracts from its trial heritage. I got in a right situation in spain over christmas on a huge enduro bike and i said to my mate then who was stuck with me "we'd easy get out of this if we were on trial bikes" the problem was we wouldnt have got there if we were on 2T trilas bikes as we were in the Siera Nevada. A bike in between a trial and a trail would have been a dream in that situation but then again i was on a XR650L in a basin gorge where only really a trial bike should have gone, it was a right swaet i tell thee.

The Scorpa T ride is everything i have been looking for it fills a gap in the market that no one else has done since the great but appalingly built Pampera. I was going to make do with there underpowered air cool longride but will keep what i have until September and buy the T ride. If anyone from Scorpa is looking in on this then keep up the build quality as i personally would rather pay the necessary extra than experience the miserable quality again of the Pampera. Oh and please have a red white and black colour scheme option like on the little air cooled 4 stroke. I seriously think this is a great concept missed by many manurfacturers as i like long distance trials but on a bike that can still be treated like a trials bike unlike the rest of the oposition like Serows, CRF230F's. Scorpa nearly had it right with the TYS175 longride but if it was only a 250. Excelent one Scorpa i am for one excited about this, with thought like this Scorpa deserve more and more success, and i hope they get it. Yamahas tricker even got it all wrong (ok i know it was a street bike-but who is interested in the street-not me). This T ride is going to make a lot of people happy, you could green lane it, you could LDT, you could trial it, you could ride it recreationally, you could reach places that would be a right slog on an enduro bike, basically you could ride it how you like but its roots are in trials. I havnt seen anything like it thats hits the spot since Hondas old TLR200,250,250R but its more than any of those can offer today so wake up Honda.

I think here Front says it all. :banana2:

If it