Volunteer Your Help To Your Local Clubs

daggs888

.After speaking with a few of the club sectaries at local trials it appears it's all the 'old school' boys that are keeping things going ! .... silently they get on with things and we riders turn up for a wonderfully organised event with good sections, observers, someone to sign you in etc etc. however it transpires that (for my local clubs anyway) they could do with more help in terms of setting out sections, flagging, observing, finance, securing land, sending letters to landowners to put a case forward to hold the trial, keeping landowners on side for future events, web sites, press coverage for advertising the event and publishing results in a better way, admin tasks, and general tasks associated with running the trial ......... i recon you should volunteer to your local clubs to see if you can help ..... or at least ask the question - 'is help needed'

Lets keep it alive guys

........ :banana2:

Edited by daggs888

Any help is always appreciated, if every rider would observe once a year at a trial they wouldn't normally go to (ride in), then our problem with observers would be cured.

NOT wishing to start the 'Observer' debate yet again, but it is our clubs biggest headache and were lucky enough to have a big club with a strong core of dedicated observers and helpers. How the smaller clubs manage I hate to think.

.After speaking with a few of the club sectaries at local trials it appears it's all the 'old school' boys that are keeping things going ! ....

:banana2: Has it ever been any different ?

No, this is probably how it has always been historically, with the exception of a government passing laws left right and center both on individiual riders and landowners making it far more challenging to hold organised events or practise now ....... the alternative is ... do nowt then wonder why your local club is no longer hosting events one day because it has had to disband :blink:

Edited by daggs888

I often wonder what will happen in the future when all us 'old boys' have gone as young helpers/organisers are almost non-existent.

There's always a few suckers that come up through the ranks. Usually those whose fathers were involved in organising too.

I've always dangled the pre-trial practicing carrot in front of the unhelpful (deliberately or otherwise) but not even that has worked. It has, however, raised a few moans ("Aw, but Tim practiced on the sections"). These moans are quickly dispatched.