Sammy Miller

vincent1982

:thumbup: Just wanted to say how impressed I am with Sammy Miller. As I havent been into trials since a kid starting to restore my TL125 was proving to be quite hard as I had no knowledge, Sammy Miller were extremely helpful and helped me get EXACTLY the things I needed and they were delivered the next day :thumbup:

I've said it before and I'll say it again, -I have dealt with Sammy for about 30 years

and ALWAYS get fantastic service. - You guys who seem to have a grudge should

maybe take a look at yourself before making sarcastic remarks about one of the greatest

Trials riders of all time.

Theres nothing wrong with S.Miller hes a legend in trials riding also a brillient engineer, BUT! when i have ever rang up for parts i get the most unhelpful, cant be bothered!, oh god why did you call me?, the most appalling attitude i have ever encountered on the other end of a phone i have ever experienced!!! if you want a supreb example of how business should be conducted between a seller and a buyer call bultaco uk nothing is to much bother or trouble, the service is excellent!!!

Theres nothing wrong with S.Miller hes a legend in trials riding also a brillient engineer, BUT! when i have ever rang up for parts i get the most unhelpful, cant be bothered!, oh god why did you call me?, the most appalling attitude i have ever encountered on the other end of a phone i have ever experienced!!! if you want a supreb example of how business should be conducted between a seller and a buyer call bultaco uk nothing is to much bother or trouble, the service is excellent!!!

Couldnt agree more.

The two opposite ends of the spectrum.

Always get my parts next day and at a good price often cheaper than Millers.

No connection other than a satisfied customer :blink:

I also have to agree about Sams riding ability, this is not in question, but as for service, sorry he lost my custom a few years back.

3 consecutive orders. First ordered a front mudguard, Rear mudguard arrived. Next order a throttle slide for a MK2 Amal, a slide for a MK1 arrived. third order a clutch cable, a front brake cable arrived. Each time telephoned to complain and got a very gruff send it back and we will replace it. No apology, No refund on postage, No further orders from me!

Stuart

• 2 weeks later...

My Dad used to buy his spares from SM back in the 70s, used to send a blank cheque and a list of bits and SM would send the bits (Ordered Mon arrived Weds/Thurs usually) and then they were fitted in time for the next weeks trial.

I was at the museum not too long ago and while I was there I picked up some parts, the service I got face to face in the shop was good and the parts are mostly OK, small adjustments had to be made to make the levers fit (drilling out the hole for the nipple as they would not fit). The older parts I have from Millers (1970s kit) is good quality and has a good finish so it seems to have gone a little downhill with time.

Bultaco UK are by far my favourite company to deal with though, Dave and Pete there are always helpful and willing to go the extra mile and are amazingly accomodating. For example when some idiot mangled a fork leg bottom (trying to remove a sleeve someone had pressed in to use a Yamaha spindle...) I went down and saw Dave and he went into his stocks and produced the perfect item. Never a complaint to be had and he will be seeing much more of my money in the coming months.

Like Big John says, no connection with either company apart from I am a past customer of SM and a very happy current customer of another (hats off to Mr Renham).