Trophies Or Not?

scorpa3

Yeah, It seems adults just like to feel good about themselves. maybe they are inadequate in bed, maybe they have a small todger , maybe they just haven't achieved anything in life! dunno what it is.. but if they win at trials it makes up for all that! :thumbup:

P.s. Spud knows what I mean :rotfl:

Oi!!!! If i didn't know any better AdamAnt i'd say you was having a pop at me.... :thumbup: Lets get the facts 1) Your over 40 2) You ain't got a bike 3) You is a bald badger 4) I heard you've a cocktail sausage so your missus said :thumbup:

Actually, your missus didn't complain about my 'cocktail sausage' - She said its the biggest lump of pork shes had on her plate for ages! :thumbup:

Your missus said that whilst i was slamming her head against your headboard I was so much better than you, she was loving it

No wonder she keeps telling me shes got a headache! don't bang her head so hard next time :wall:

and back on topic......

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

why not give the rider a choice on what he wants. when the championship is won give the winners a choice on what they want and then order in the prizes

A good idea Jack. The only trouble was that we offered the adults a cash alternative to the trophies (1st=

why not give the rider a choice on what he wants. when the championship is won give the winners a choice on what they want and then order in the prizes

A good idea Jack. The only trouble was that we offered the adults a cash alternative to the trophies (1st=

Edited by jack_h

Our feeling was that if riders wanted their trophies (or the cash for adults) they would turn up to the organised FREE presentation evening.

This worked well for some years but slowly the attendance dropped off until it was less than 50%. This is very disheartening when the club has spent a lot of time and money putting on entertainment, trophies, photographer and food.

As I said, we wrote to every award winner. Any who replied who couldn't make the evening were given their trophies, but unfortunately most simply didn't reply.

This actually benefited every rider the following year as we didn't need to put our entry fee up. The

I'm not bothered about trophys (good job really, the way I ride) but if i ever did win a club championship i wouldnt mind having the Number 1 on my bike at every one of that clubs trials the following year.

And to answer the other questions on this thread; i'm happy with what i've got but an extra few inches would be nice lol.

i like trophies but a nice gift cert. for a steak dinner would be good, we pay money for dues and pay to ride events, but coffee mugs and maybe sweatshirts or can koozies for a nice cold beverage with club logo and place, so you can use it and not worry about showing them to all that visit your house or telling the story, i like trophies but last year i got a stainless coffee mug and i use it every day while the plaques collect dust? number plates are nice, last year marc williams (buku graphics) gave out plaques and a champion number plate for first place, that was nice, i guess i'll take what i get and be happy!...........................john

Perhaps i have got a small todger ....

Yeah, Spud told me about that too :):blink:

Dont listen to him OTF. I've been told ADAMant likes nothing better then to let it all hang out in a local public toilet he goes by the nick name of George Michael :thumbup:.....his wife is just a cover story ;)

Edited by spud

Yeah, Spud told me about that too :thumbup::)

Dont listen to him OTF. I've been told ADAMant likes nothing better then to let it all hang out in a local public toilet is nick name.........your never guess........ George Michael ;)

George pays well :blink:

Dont listen to him OTF. I've been told ADAMant likes nothing better then to let it all hang out in a local public toilet is nick name.........your never guess........ George Michael ;)

and your a good receiver

Ian, have I missed a previous bit of banter between you and spud before? or is this the first time?

Re trophies, i would rather see the kids get them, on the odd occasion I won one as a schoolboy it was great much rather get a new tyre at the end of the year now or see it spent by the club for paying for a new venue hire or observer benefits

Edited by Betarev3

Dont listen to him OTF. I've been told ADAMant likes nothing better then to let it all hang out in a local public toilet is nick name.........your never guess........ George Michael :gay:

and your a good receiver

How do you know that? did you have a go while I weren't looking ;)

I won several trophies in rallying (cant fall off a car) including some well known national events, I even won some medals in Enduros! Kid played with the medals, Rally trophies are in the garage I think (or thrown out, women dont see thier appeal on the mantlepiece )!

never won a Trials award but cash or a spare lever would be better or perhaps some og those bling bits you can get such as annodised brake cylinder covers etc!! :blink:

Isn't it funny how the people on here are represented by "I'd love a trophy or a gift" and the "I'd come and collected my award" crowd. There hasn't been a post from the "you can stuff your award and the cash, 'cus I can't be bothered to collect it" brigade.

If every award winner either collected or made arrangements to have their award collected, we would still be running a club championship now.

I just couldn't face calling out 30 or so winners in front of 150 people and finding that half of the winners simply hadn't bothered to attend. It easier and much cheaper to scrap the championships and run club trials for the fun of it.

Of course the other upside to this is, that the pressure is removed for me to find the full quota of observers. With no championship at stake, it's not so bad for the odd section to be observed by the riders themselves. Which also has the benefit that I put in as many sections as I like. Not five laps of eight because we've only got eight observers.

I'd happily go back to championship trophies/awards if every rider really wanted me to.

(One other note. We're an ACU club, so the only thing we can award youth riders is a trophy.)