Backfiring Scorpa.

slack

Hello everybody,went to my local trial today all geared up for a good day & the bike let me down. Got the bike out of the van started second kick as usual, knocked her off to put my gear on,went back to start her but she took some starting so put the choke on & again second kick fired up knocked the choke straight off & rode about ten yards, & then she would not rev up properly & started to backfire. took plug out checked for spark,yes had a spark which i thought was weak but my mate said it was ok.Took carb off cleaned it out no water or dirt in there put it all back together & still the same running like a bag of sh-te & backfiring.Bought new plug & changed the petrol to noavail,i think its electrical probs but have not got another bike to use as a doner to elimanate differant parts.HELP PLEASE. Thank you.

Is your fuel oil mixture ok? I've put the oil in my fuel twice by mistake in the past.

Just another thought, perhaps you've simply flooded it and there is a surplus of unburnt fuel lying in the bottom of the casings, not enough to stop it running but enough to make it run really rich and oil up.

You could try running it with the fuel turned of until it stops to see if that clears it out. See if that helps.

If it started and run fine at first it sounds like it could be the woodruff key!!!

I had a montesa 311 years ago it ran perfectly i knocked it off, then started it up knocked it into gear let the clutch out and the bike went backwards!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The woodruff key had sheared and when the engine started it ran backwards and i had 6 reverse gears!!! WOW!!!

I can still remember the bars smashing me in the guts!!!

If it started and run fine at first it sounds like it could be the woodruff key!!!

I had a montesa 311 years ago it ran perfectly i knocked it off, then started it up knocked it into gear let the clutch out and the bike went backwards!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The woodruff key had sheared and when the engine started it ran backwards and i had 6 reverse gears!!! WOW!!!

I can still remember the bars smashing me in the guts!!!

Thanks guys for your re-sponse,phoned Birrketts today he said cdi or source coil,but without looking at the bike he was clutching at straws.It's a bit far to travil down to his place from Co Durham.Hopeing it's just a woodruff key,but i've had to get a flywheel puller made off my mate today.

Well just to let you all know my bike is fixed,it was the woodruf key been to trial today & had a cracking day. Just goes to show the yam engine still as strong as ever.Thanks to every one who responded to my cries of help last sunday & cheers. :rolleyes: