Small Vans

doogle

Thinking of buying a small van in the future, just big enough for 1 bike and riding gear.

I am 99% sure that you can get a bike in the following vans but wondered if anyone had used one and how easy they are to strap down.

Peugeot partner/Ciroen Berlingo, Renault Kangoo, Vw Caddy.

Cheers

Doogle

yep......

You can defineatly get a montesa 315R n the back of a vauxhall combo, im sure you can get most other trials bikes in one too.

I just lean my bike against the side and strap it against the side with some bunggie cords

Danny

Edited by Trials la

I've got a Kangoo and my 2001 GasGas 249 fits diagonally across the back with a couple of inchest to spare!!!

Mine also has the option to lower the passenger seat and open the cage thing and then the bike will fit down one side.

I've had mine dince 1998 and it has been totally reliable.

You can fit 2 trials bikes in a Vdub Caddy (old style versh).

When you say old style do you mean the pick up based on the mark 1 golf. you ac n get 2 in that without removing anything. or do you mean the non pick up van that has just become the old style because the new one has just been launched. If you can get 2 in that I will get one of them. How do you get them in, which way round etc.

..........or do you mean the non pick up van that has just become the old style because the new one has just been launched.....

Yep, I've run one for 8 years & only fairly recently realised two bikes fit.

Both go in backwards & near side bike needs rear mudguard removed. A bit fiddley but worthwhile for any trip with an overnight stay, otherwise I use a bike rack. Understand this can't be done with a std swb Transit Connect btw. You can fit 3 bikes in a Caddy, but then wheels have to be dropped.

Cheers Hrc. A caddy it is then. Taking the rear muguard off is definatley worth the hassle. I have had that shape caddy pick up for the last 6 years. should have gone for the van in the 1st place.