Spark Plugs?

clarkp

My Rev-3 250 was delivered to me with an NGK BP5ES installed. I switched out to the Beta-specified Champion N7YC (couldn't find the N7YCC - Copper Core).

What is everyone else running in the 250 / 270 REV-3? Is there a cross-reference to a Bosch part number?

if ya gonna use a splitfire use a five like it says on the splitfire website cause it has all the plugs specified for different bikes and the gap has to be set at 0.50

stop being a smart a*** for once beta boy and shut up! it makes no differnce about the plug gap on the splitfire plug it gives a massive spark starts first kick and doesnt foul.

I found this link to a spark plug cross-reference spreadsheet, if anyone's interested. The file is large use DSL or cable modem.

Looks like the Champion N7YC crosses to:

NGK BP7ES

BOSCH W5DC (or WR5DC for resistor plug)

many others are listed as well...

Is the BP5ES 'hotter' or 'colder' than the BP7ES?

no the 5 is hotter than the 7 with ngk plugs well any japnese plug makes are higher the number the colder lower the hotter with american plugs like champion ans splitfire the higher the number the hotter lower the colder and the champion n7yc is equivelent to a ngk bp5es but i would go with the resistor plug bpr5es

Money saving tip for cheap b*******s like me: Wal-Mart sells Bosch platinum spark plugs for less than you can buy regular NGKs. If you use an NGK BPR5ES, the platinum Bosch replacement is a WR8DP. Platinum plugs generally last longer than regular iron alloy plugs and are a little more resistant to fouling. They also usually cost 2 or 3 times as much as the regular plug, but the local Wal-Mart price for a pair of WR8DPs is $6.47 Cdn., the best price I have found locally for the NGK is $3.50 Cdn. apiece.

i use to run ngk iridiums but they only had them in a number 8 so i stop using em cause they kept on fouling cause it was not hot enough but otherwise a good plug i might go into the dealer and get him to order me some 5's