Which Helmet For A Starter

trialbat

Hi

After 20 years of non riding, I`m returning to this nice hobby that has given me so much. Things have changed dramatically since my old days and have to admit that I`m not that fit to do this, but hope that this will improve after some weeks riding.

I have tried to find open helmet, but the only models that seem to be available here (Finland) are ZEUS and SHOIE. As this is anyway very important part of safety, Im willing to invest some money trying to find out a model that would be safe, light and would have some nice grapchics in it.

Could someone recommend a internet website where I could order one. It doesnt matter where it is, as long as it has wide range of choices.

Thanks for all!

i would go with an nzi, they are very strong and light, my buddies trivent got hit by a car and is fine other than some scratches, you can get a strattos nzi for about a hundred bucks, thats what i use and it is light and comfortable!..............................john

I just picked up an Airoh Nippon (red & silver). The construction quality is far superior to the carbon NZI that I am replacing. The Airoh has a nice removable/washable liner and the graphics are painted on instead of stickers that eventually start peeling off.

Hi

Thanks for the input!

Quite funny thing. I called a trial shop that is selling ZEUS (as I really didnt find anything else and needed to get helmet ASAP). They told me that actually we do have ZEUS but not any at stock. But, they had just began to import NZI. Well.. quite nice. I went to meet them, took a look at carbonfibre model but no size for me... We then browsed trough other sizes and I manage to find a NZI helmet with nice graphics that was very confortable as well. The only thing that I do not like after few days of us using it, is that it doesnt breath that well what I would expect. Sweat consentrates on forhead and as I take it of, a massive amount of sweat drops down. The helmet is competely wet and need thorough drying after each run. But, again this doesnt bother at all when driving so doesnt really matter that much. Anyway, we are talking of a helmet that is 50% cheaper than SHOIE and 100% as cool looking.

I have even managed to test it in real life also. Not a scratch after few real bad head to rock collision today. A fallen rotten tree trunk surprised me :-)

Hi

Thanks for the input!

Quite funny thing. I called a trial shop that is selling ZEUS (as I really didnt find anything else and needed to get helmet ASAP). They told me that actually we do have ZEUS but not any at stock. But, they had just began to import NZI. Well.. quite nice. I went to meet them, took a look at carbonfibre model but no size for me... We then browsed trough other sizes and I manage to find a NZI helmet with nice graphics that was very confortable as well. The only thing that I do not like after few days of us using it, is that it doesnt breath that well what I would expect. Sweat consentrates on forhead and as I take it of, a massive amount of sweat drops down. The helmet is competely wet and need thorough drying after each run. But, again this doesnt bother at all when driving so doesnt really matter that much. Anyway, we are talking of a helmet that is 50% cheaper than SHOIE and 100% as cool looking.

I have even managed to test it in real life also. Not a scratch after few real bad head to rock collision today. A fallen rotten tree trunk surprised me :-)

You might want to think about replacing your new helmet after you tested it by hitting it on a rock.

its gota be the shoei tr3. there the most comfortable hemlet by far and in my opinion they look mint. there a little bit more expensive than the average trials helmet but at the end of the day you cant put a price on your head. with regards to the nice paint job aswell you should have a look at the new fujinami replica. i think youll like that one. you can have order them from <mention of this company is not permitted on Trials Central>.