Van Choices

edgas250

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think there are to many people with to much money if you want a good van that is good to drive etc you cant beat a vauxhall vivaro/renault traffic plenty of room and sensible money. I have driven all the main vans your vitos, tansporters and transits and dont rate them over priced and under speced

vw 174 and vto120 are top notch vans with very lttle to choose. Did 1000 miles in one day in the vw (one driver) and about 550 on a sunday night monday am in the vito. Just wouldn't be possible in a vivaro.

with any "german" van you get what you pay for so can spec to the moon.

Edited by Nigel Dabster

I bought a VW Transporter T4 2000 model in 2001 and I am still running it as main transport and trials bike transport to this very day... It had 22,500 miles on it when I purchased it (from my dad he was only other owner) and it has run perfectly ever since... Original tyres did 75,000 miles, its on 111,000 now still on original exhaust, battery, brake disks, and all the rest, service it every 10,000 at local garage now for about 100 quid and I only ever lift the bonnet to fill up wash wipe bottle... now that's one reason to like the germans.... :unsure:

I understand comments about headroom for getting changed, but its a whole lot better than getting changed outside when you have a car or small van !!!

if you are due to buy a van buy a VW !!!! or maybe a vito at a push... you can get them for sensible money nowerdays...

Well Mr dabster the question i ask you is why cant you do it in a vivaro i have done similar mileages in my vivaro in one day with no problem and no back ache bet you visited the fuel station more times than i did. 750 miles on one tank no probs plus i get to save

Does anybody know if it's possible to fit 2 (or even 3) bikes in a VW Kombi or equivalent Vito or Vivaro, i.e. with 2 rows of seats ? - I see plenty of people using these vans at events but would be really useful if they could take more than 1 bike.

(apologies if this topic has been addressed previously)

Does anybody know if it's possible to fit 2 (or even 3) bikes in a VW Kombi or equivalent Vito or Vivaro, i.e. with 2 rows of seats ? - I see plenty of people using these vans at events but would be really useful if they could take more than 1 bike.

(apologies if this topic has been addressed previously)

Needs to be lwb