slapshot 3

Ah well time for the abuse to start...

Pre 65 and first weekend is looking pretty good

from the Pics below

4th: Dry long sunny spells, 15 to 18 degrees light winds

5th: As above

6th: As above but a little warmer, 17-19 degrees

7th: Again as above but warmer again 18-20 degrees

its a pretty settled pattern and the longer it stay that way the better however the latter part of the week doesn't look that great at the minute but remember that's nearly two weeks away. It's likely things will start to break down Wednesday/Thursday wet becoming cooler and showery after that.....more to follow before I leave on Thursday.

Edited by Slapshot 3

Ive tried to be a bit cagey about the weather for next week because basically we have not been confident about the forecasts beyond Sunday, believe it or not our customers place a lot on the "confidence" we have in forecast. How we figure that out is looking at the range of models (mathematical not glamour unfortunately) we use if they are similar then we can be reasonably confident about the pattern, if not less so. Over the last day or two none of them have matched very well however they are starting to come together and it's not great news.

As you have no doubt guessed this don't look so great anymore, Friday and Saturday will still be fine for the pre65 but going into Sunday, it looks increasingly likely that the settled weather we've had will start to break down. At the moment we are looking at a band of rain crossing the North West of Scotland later on Sunday, a dry parade is touch and go, then showery for the next day or two after that out to Wednesday at the earliest, Thursday on it should start to dry out and warm up again.

The only good thing is that it'll probably change again before the weekend. Sorry guys, come prepared for a "normal" Scottish. Hope Ishy packs the Goretex and hopefully this turns out completely wrong

Just had to post this quote from the local web site.

"During periods of bad weather in the Ben Nevis area, you may only see a grey picture. Don't worry - this is genuine Scotch Mist and is a natural phenomena."

And all this time I thought it wer Kinell's Beta steaming up the Ben.

Nothing new folks, still looking dodgy Sunday into Monday and Tuesday, looks like an improving situation through Wednesday & Thursday with Friday and Saturday likely to be the best days of the week, sorry folks.

I've emailed HL a couple of links, if she'll let me I'll take a look mid week

Edited by Slapshot 3