Cheap Alpinestar No-stops.

boofont

Cheap price and cheap quality. After having a pair of non stops I've reverted back to oiled Gaerne. My non stops looked wrecked after one outing. I've had my oiled Gaerne for about six trials and their still in top condition. The leather is of a very high quality. Its false economy to buy Alpine Stars when Gaerne last so much longer.

CK

PS Their not white are they?

The colouring on the alpinestars stops the leather from absorbing any oil you use to try and waterproof them, so they always leak, however i have had mine for a few years and they are still going strong but they do look tatty when the colouring wears away.

Cheap price and cheap quality.

The price is cheap in comparrison to the RRP B) I've had mine for three years and they're fine, then again, I polish them often. No boot is waterproof but a pair of Gortex socks stops yer feet from getting wet. The boots must be crap, thats why none of the top riders wair them.... Oh, apart from Dougie to name just one. ;)

All colours available, as for the question about the web site? I don't know, I don't work for them, try asking Jeeves!

Edited by boofont

I have been thinking of getting some a. stars , but my gearnes have lasted me 5 years and their only problem , is that the sole is about flat!!

the main thing that i wanted to say , and im a bit late in doing so.....

Big respect to Boofont , for your advatar!!!!!!!!!!

Pheonix nights with Brian Potter , now that is a class comedy if ever i have seen one!!!!

Shame we wont get to see more of Max, Paddy,Rave On and especially Keith Lard eh???

Oh my aching sides , the Northern stuff is always the best!!

B)

Its the pegs that wear the soles, what with the sharp edges and all. Plus, every rider should be moving/rocking their feet to around the pegs to ensure good bike control is maintained at all times.

Thanks for the complement Marky boy, I've heard you've sold out mate and bought a beta? Had enough of the Scorpa or did you just fancy a change? You won't be making it to the TC trial either is that right? Shame, I'm making a 700 mile round trip and I won't be able to put a face to the name! Next year eh?

As I said before, no boot is waterproof. Let me not pull the wool over anyones eyes, the No Stops do let water in but I find them very comfortable, more so than Novogars anyway. I've not tried any others so I can't coment. I use Gortex socks at any wet trial, with bodge tape wrapped around the ankle to stop them riding down into the boot.

The idea of the post was to bascily say that if you're on the look out for a pair of boots then its possible to get them at a reduced price. Its a saving of around 25% on retail, which, as a Yorkshire man, is better in my pocket than anyone elses.

Big up Potter!

post-3-1083392920.jpg

Edited by boofont

• 2 weeks later...

:o

Not sold out Boofont , im still sticking up for the scorpa at every turn. I loved and still do ,the bike.

Mine was one of the 1st 10 into the country of the sy's and saw me through loads of nationals , and took a lot of stick from a fat bloke!! And she was just a little tired!!

I was just bored of MY bike really , not the SY. But a friend of mine had Ian Austermuhle's 03 270 for sale at a good price , so thought i would have a change for a bit. I am curently trying to gather some dollars together for a secret new machine. the hard bit is making sure the wife doesnt find out!!

I am not even going to go into the TC trial debacle , but hopefully see you next year!! You will not be dissapointed , BDMC put on one hell of a show!!! :D

:D Sunshine in dowers :D

Edited by Marky boy

• 2 weeks later...

I believe this was one of your paint jobs? Very nice! Shame that about a second after this was taken at Witches Burn it all went wrong. The rider (Will Bratley?) land in a heap at the bottom with bike soon following. Very nasty crash but I saw him ride a day later so lets hope both him and the bike are ok.

FANTASTIC picture Boofont.!!

Yup that was will bratley on his zebra sy. Andy sent me a message to say that he had had a nasty crash a witches!!

I can see why , i dont think that he has ever been at that angle before, hence that smash.

Will and bike are fine. Both have dented pride, Wil will forget about his , but looking at the bike now, i dont think that it ever will!!