2000 Rev 3

terry

Is there anything inherantly good or bad with this bike? Looking at one in good order but haven't had a ride on one. I would be comparing it to a '98 Montesa as far a suspension, power delivery and traction.

All I can say to the Beta Boy post is wow.

Had a 2000 270 REV for the 2000 season. That is the bike that got me hooked on Betas. I have had a new one every year since.

Biggest problem. Check swing arm for hair line crack where shock bolts in. That is the only real problem to watch for. Have a look in the airbox and make sure it is clean. Some people had problems sealing them up. If you do it properly that is never an issue.

The forks are outstanding as far as how they work. Plush is the best way to describe them. My only problem with them is I always worried about damage to the lower part of the tube even though I never touched them.

For what my opinion is worth the Rev is nothing like the Techno. If it was I would be on another brand.

Nothing against the Monty but hands down I would go with the Rev.

Aaron

I agree with Aaron, the 2000 Rev is leaps and bounds ahead of the 95 Techno I had. The biggest difference I found between the two bikes is being able to hold a straight line in the rough. The rev tracked straight and true over rocks like in a dried up creek bed.

I believe the rear shock mount crack was limited to only a few of the earliest produced bikes.

As for the air box, yes, if sealed correctly it will not be a problem. I have been up over my boots in water and have never had an issue with the air box taking in mud or water. Just to make sure it is sealed well I run a thin layer of silicon seal, with my finger, around the rubber gasket, but I do that to all my bikes.

As with any used bike, it is only as good as the care given to it by its previous owner.

Beta boy the rev 3 is nothing like a 95 techno.The rev3 range are all far better in handling and performance {ALSO THE BACK BRAKE WORKS}The only Techno which comes close to the Rev3 is the 1999 model.I should know ive owned betas since 1992.

I will try to explain my comment without naming or offending anyone (but it certainly wasn't Aaron), after all it's only an opinion which everyone is entitled to.

Every thread I look at in every topic the same lad seems to have an opinion or advice which is often totally wrong (in my opinion!!). I think this forum is great and I have helped people many times on topics that I feel I know enough about to pass comment. What I don't do is simply post a reply for the sake of it or just to try and make myself appear clever.

When myself, or others ask for help or advice I think it is important to ensure that when replying to that post you give good honest advice.

Far too often I see " bike A is not as good as bike B" Why not? Tell us.

If you recommend a specific part for a bike e.g. a spark plug, make sure you have your facts right about the grade.

As for my qualifications to pass comment? I rode Trials for over 10 years winning hundreds of Trials and several club championships. I retired from riding due to injuries and spiralling costs. I have minded and prepared machines for several top European and World riders in indoor and outdoor events. I have owned and ridden a wide array of bikes from my first Ty80, right up to Factory prepared works bikes and one off prototypes.

Guys, guys... remember... he is only 14 yrs. old, not exactly a 'seasoned' rider with the knowledge or experience background to provide a 'considered' opinion; just an opinion... and yes, he is a prolific poster. With his internet connection, I'm surprised he can keep his hands on the keyboard long enough to post.

OBTW... 'one off' should be hyphenated... in my opinion... B)

Point taken, sorry if I was out of order but once I made the original comment I needed to explain why.

And thanks for correcting my grammar. I don't have an english degree but I normally try to make sure my posts are readable if not 100% gramatically correct, I know you do the same - However if you want to be picky -

"not exactly a 'seasoned' rider with the knowledge or experience background to provide a 'considered' opinion"

Perhaps 'experienced' would have been better :D

yup im back and for good i was sellin my bike today and then i realized what the hell am i doin the MX track over here is **** and there i only one course i hope i did not cause anyone any offence

thats odd beta boy i think that u are giving false info. i seem to remember you tellin me today that loads of pros come over for thr 2day motox and say that the track is one of the best that they have evr ridden. oh yheah and u also said that u give false info on tc deliberately because u think that they are all arseholes.