Nationals Pre Entry

hensley

Im just wonderering i havent been around too long and we just entered in our first national (pre-entry $170) We are waiting on ex-ray results next tuesday but appears homer will have his left wrist in a cast and we will miss. While $170 is nothing compared to doctor bills. if the preentry was say 2 weeks or not at all we wouldnt be out $170 is it that important to know in advance the number of riders . Would we have more entries if the prentry wasnt so far in advance . A couple of riders from my area didnt think they could get off work so they didnt preenter for colorado they found out 2 weeks ago they could make it They went on a weekend street bike trip dont know if the extra entry fee made a difference in their decision

I personaly dont know how busy my work will be a month ahead. anyone else in the same boat?

I also have entered my first national, (Ohio) not sure how busy work will be but the group I work with are very good about covering for each other if someone in the group has plans. (not everyone has that benefit).

But, I am very excited about going.

I believe there is a procedure for entry fee refund. If I remember correctly that if you registered befor the "late date" you will get a full refund for the rider, the minder fee I think is non-refundable. If I am wrong I am sure someone more experienced in the nationals would have the correct information.

ive attended central regional events that have more riders than some nationals andyou sign up on event day didnt have to have an ama card no bar pad on tapered bars either. didnt have to drive 600 miles Maybe when we finaly get to a national it will be worth it all.

Let`s See , the thirty day rule has been around for maybe a couple of decades. Maybe as long as the last time Lane rode a national. The dates and rules have been correctly posted since at least the first of the year, on the same website to which you want instant results.

Tonight the highway to Pueblo was closed due to a wreck with a tanker, so that`s why you havn`t heard much. I Too stayed home and worked this weekend. Mainly because I`m scoring at our event this year and can`t make six events otherwise.

By the way most clubs can only get insurance thru the AMA to hold their events in the first place.

Frank,

It takes a committment to ride the Nationals on a compettive basis, and although the AMA does get their cut, nobody is getting rich in trials.

IF, after the Sponsor Club makes a profit(hopefully) after a successful event and a LOT of volunteer work, the money stays in the club and is spent on WHAT? T-R-I-A-L-S! Thats what!

Your support, in whatever form, IS realized in some way or another. The youth groups are another thing I support.

It all comes around to benefit our small sport and hopefully offer growth, leadership, and a few riders of World Class level to be proud of ! :banana2:

copemech Posted Today, 01:01 AM

It all comes around to benefit our small sport and hopefully offer growth, leadership, and a few riders of World Class level to be proud of !

Hey don't we have some guy named Patrick Smage that fits the last part of that statement? I looked at the results from the France world round and the overall standings and saw that Patrick is holding 5th place for the season. That is awesome to have someone from the US in the World Trials Championship, but the really cool part is I can say "I watched that guy ride at a TI event in Ohio once!"

As far as preregistering a month in advance, the fees, and safety requirements (man and machine), it all boils down to all those requirements are clearly posted at the NATC site and if you wanna play (ride) you gotta follow da' rules.

True, this is my first national attempt also, but the NATC is around to organize national events not hold your hand and make sure your boss let's you go out and play.

There was a reference to Lane earlier in the thread, you could always make the same choice he made and work and ride those same 2 days. If you do that then you could boast about how great you are and that there are only 2 people in the US that did this magnificent feat of working and riding the national at the same time.

Just my 2 cents worth (but most people would say I owe them 2 cents just for wasting their time.) :banana2:

ok if i understand it correct we get $40 of our $170 back. I'm speaking ahead, the results of saturdays x-ray won't be in 'till tuesday (kinda slow like natc results) Now there are 5 of us going together if we all 5 cancel we're out $360 so we will probably go. i guess homer could ride and punch 5s like Lane and have the best seat as far as spectators go (not a good idea). I can see how there needs to be strict limits in pro class but isn't the support class just for fun. I tried to find someone to share colorado trip with

had a couple of guys but by the time they were sure they could go it would cost the four of us an extra $320. I understand the pre entrys been there for decades, i'm just curious why is it there

Edited by hensley

steve

hes doing better xrays came back nothing broke wrist and hand still swelled a lot have no idea whether it will heal in 2 weeks not going to rush it, guess well make the trip anyway. This is his first trials injury so weve been pretty fortunate to date however hes had several non trials injurys (stupid tricks) over the years. Are you planning on the YN? were going to try the week camp this year. I was on your club website a while back and saw where Josh won the intermediate class.

I guess instead of bitchin on here I would make a call to the entry secretary and explain the situation .. They have always been more than fair..

you keyboard riders kill me ...

wasnt bitchin just wondering why ? Which none of the other keyboard riders or keyboard importer have answered yet. Like i said the nationals is new to me and mostly off limits because it is almost impossible to know one month in advance whether we can attend.

Yes we are going to YN, sent the entry in a couple of days ago. Plan on traveling Teusday so I can ride in the gate trial on Wensday.

Josh finally has come to life he finished last in March, first in April and second in May, It's amazing how much different he is riding now. When we go out to practice he's doing everything that I can do now.

Well good luck to Homer, hope it heals fast. See you in a month John.

One month is truly minimum .. as entry secretary has to get all info for the event mailed out to riders... all entry info to the scoring personel so they can have the start times ready in advance.. They also need to let the club know about how many riders as this plays a factor in how the loop will be marked( split start etc.. ) as there are certain criteria that have to be met for a NATIONAL.. Many clubs Have tried to run A National like a local and they were a disaster.. nationals have come a long way . They are much more professional than years ago and The Importers have strived and spent alot of money to make this happen along with the NATC. The Natc provides many things and people to be sure a National Event , is just that.. Unless you have ever put on a National You have no Idea the Issues , Responsibilities , amount of organization it takes.. to come off successfully, after Organizing 4 Succesful Nationals Myself, With a handful of help I will tell you it is not an easy feat. We in particular needed to know the month in advance as we had several ways to run our loop.. hope this helps you understand more.

Jr

I guess instead of bitchin on here I would make a call to the entry secretary and explain the situation .. They have always been more than fair..

you keyboard riders kill me ...

Man, what is up with all the attitude??!!! And from a #@%$ importer no less!!! The guy asked ~why~ is the early pre-entry necessary, and explained why it ~might~ be better if it were shorter. You obviously didn't even consider his point, you just decided to be a *^%$ about it. The answer should have been a simple explanation, which might have helped us lowly "keyboard riders" understand.

Maybe Mich wasn't the bad guy after all...