Advice

xxx

Howdy All,

I am new to the site and new to trials.

I use to be into the Motorcross scene years ago,but i got bored of flying over jumps and going round the same track so i stopped.

Anyway,i use to look on at the riders who trial ride and think to myself,how do they get up them vertical cliffs,lol.

Just recently i have been looking into trial riding and want to get involved.

First i need the equipment though,any bikes you can recommend? Been told that GAS GAS are good for high end competition but if you are a beginner then get a Montesa or scorpa or even a beta.I have heard that there is problems with Gas Gas after a short time and there not built to last,wonder if you can shed any light on this to see if it true.

Any decent trials up and around the north west,buxton area.

Thanks

I thought if you lived in Buxton you had to ride a gas gas or they would send some round to put your lights out .

Only joking, nothing wrong with gas gas and the best place for parts is only a stone throw away in harpur hill, not that you will need any parts of course other then the normal brakes bearings and tyres.

Man 17, Macc , staffmoorland clubs plus north derby youth all run trials around Buxton area, I reckon you must be within 20 miles of at least one trial every weekend, living in this part of the world.

XXX

If you want a chat and a look at a few Gassers come up to Hawks Nest this Sunday if you are available. Its just out of Buxton on the Leek Road, If you don't know where it is then PM me and I'll let you know.

Ive started riding about 3 months ago now and have got on excellently with my Gas Gas txt 250cc 1999. Havent had to do anything other than the fork seals since i got it and it didnt cost a fortune to buy. Some people have told me they can be high maintanance but my mates have got Gas Gas and they havent had any problems either. Really nice to ride and has more power than ill ever need.

Yeah been looking at the GASSERS.They are very nice looking bikes,there alot cheaper than other makes aswell.Ummmm i am unsure.i have just bought a trials dvd,not a tutorial one just a competition one from 2006.

Anyone know of anywhere where i could have a try out of a trial bike?

Any one know of any trials in the north west (BUXTON) that are on in the next couple of weeks.So i can have a chat with some riders?

Post on here or PM me thanks.

One on at Leek tonight, not sure what time the start is but around 6 i guess. Its a staffordshire moorlands trial, take the meir road out of leek sign posted of to the left.

Any one know of any trials in the north west (BUXTON) that are on in the next couple of weeks.So i can have a chat with some riders?

Post on here or PM me thanks.

There's a ymsa at ashover tomorrow,starts at 11.ooam.well worth a look,top youth rider's in the country travel hundreds of miles to ride.

we are leaving at 7 am for a 200 mile drive......awesome trials.......classy riders and classy sections.seeyer there maybe,BIG BEN AT

TEAM ALAN AYRES................................. :thumbup:

Still cant find a place where i can go and have a go of a trials bike or somebody to let me have a go and have a chat with.

Is trials riding not popular as i seem to see alot of motorcross about,on the internet,but not just that there seems to be alot of practice tracks about and not much in the way of trials.

I have asked loads of questions on here but dont seem to get any answers.All i want to do is find out as much as i can and where the best places are to go,i dont want to be standing at a trial watching riders go up and down and over stuff because thats not going to learn me or help me understand trials.i need to know the basics first,whats the difference in bikes,cc's,what power is needed.Where are clubs in the north west.

Anyone know of any places?

I really want to find out as much as i can but iam not having much luck.

Thanks

Edited by XXX

Please stop starting new topics on the same subject. You asked this before, people replied and you never came back to them. Topic moved to correct forum and merged with existing topics.